2020 GLC300 RWD Signed. Good Deal?

Just did , have been trying to do it sorry. Pls check

Just did below in response to Jonny D.

Hard to see where they buried the tax

They said they’ve given tax credits.

I don’t see a line item for the acquisition fee. I also don’t see a line item for incentives (not sure if this vehicle has any). Is there a second page to the contract that shows this info? That $2k DAS included about $1100 in cap cost reduction (down payment). If you read leasing 101, it is not recommended putting money down.

Anyway, I have a day job so won’t be commenting further. As I said earlier, enjoy the car.

Is there another sheet that shows this? a line item for the actual credit?

Tax credits are a Texas thing. Dealer gets x number to use. It’s legitimate

In Texas, dealer can give tax credit to lessee. I paid 0 tax on my Ford lease.

Thanks for the info. Didn’t know this

You didn’t get ripped off. Monthly is a little higher than other deals (but some of those might also have been on loaners at the end of the year), but you also have a higher mileage limit.

not actual credit but shows the taxes and if u compute what was charged it is 1.5 which is 4.75 less (credits)

See the image I pasted below, it shows acquisition fees. Yep 1100 down was not ideal, thanks for the tip. However, its a 2020 facelift model not an older one or loaner so 16% off MSRP is pretty significant for incentives.

1 Like

Great to know you have a day job, good luck!

Congrats on the new ride!
As long as you like it, it is all what matters.

As far as next deal goes, please come back, and ask ppl here to evaluate your deal before you actually sign the paper. I am sure you will get an even better deal.

1 Like

No one ever implied or said it was a loaner. If you want folks on LH to help you properly evaluate a deal, you should know all the numbers and be able to provide all relevant information.

I am not here to criticize you. You asked for feedback after signing your deal without being able to provide all the numbers. I would hope that anyone spending their own money to lease a $50k car would be open to honest feedback.

As has been said over and over again, you did not get ripped off, you got a decent deal on a new car, and did get the tax credit. You should be happy with your deal.

Enjoy the new car smell.

Def. not the best deal but not absolutely terrible either.

Next time, always check Edmunds for the base MF/RV/Incentives. Just do a Google search for Year, Make, Model + “lease edmunds” so as follows: “2019 Mercedes GLC 300 lease Edmunds.” It’ll usually be the first link and you can make an account and post “Can I get the RV/MF/Incentives for GLC 300 RWD 36/12k for zip 00000 and any incentives?” They reply back fairly quick.

Next, knowing that information, negotiate a selling price with a dealer WITHOUT incentives or with incentives if they make it clear. Post on LH under the ask section and get some feedback and score an awesome deal*

Congrats on the car though!

*Hopefully

1 Like

Thanks that’s helpful. I’ve found it hard to follow this in Texas. But will work it more diligently next time

1 Like

Sure thanks bluemkn

To OP:
Feedback says it’s a decent deal but you could’ve done better. As you said you’re looking to validate your already signed deal. I don’t think the good folks here are trying to make snarky comments. Sounds like they’re simply saying the deals done so why torture yourself. Lucky for you the deal was somewhat in your favor on this one so you must have a sense of relief.

I think what you should take away from this is that if you want to “learn for your next deal”, the lesson here is to ask before you sign so you don’t put yourself in a buyers remorse position.