Deal check: 2020 Mercedes Benz GLC 300 RWD. Deal or no deal?

Yeah: seems at least 3/5 of TX luxe dealers charge between $300-1K for “lifetime tint” which of course means little to someone leasing.

Nevertheless, dealers do it anyway and I am constantly in dilemma

1 Like

Hi,

Have been test driving multiple SUVs in this category and ended with MB GLB and GLC as the final two cars. It is difficult to decide between the two.
I like the exterior and driving on GLC. like the interior and cargo space on GLB.

Any suggestions from GLB, GLC owners or anyone who has GLB, GLC on their short list ?

Also getting a lease deal with high leasehackr score in tx market is challenging. Which one of these two will be better vehicle to lease?

Thank you

Taxes will do that. Don’t pay attention to the LH score. Evaluate the deal on its actual merits

1 Like

At some point it’s not about the score or the “1% rule” but about what the car is personally worth to you.

It’s like an M8 (which I’ve got a few of), Currently a great value for the money but that obviously means less to someone needing an X7 or 330i.

1 Like

A high leasehackr score is not what you should judge the lease by. Rather, look at the discount and compare it to what others have gotten. If you found a dealer that gave you tax credits, even better.

Thank you @volvo1 and @Electric, makes sense.

Any thought about GLB vs GLC ?

2 Likes

GLC is rwd based and GLB is fwd based. Probably that’s why you liked how GLC drove better.

GLB has a newer interior and tech. Sounds like you liked them equally. I haven’t seen any hacker worthy deals here for the GLB. But A class sedan deals are getting better so maybe you can find a good GLB deal also.

Try to find target discounts for both cars and compare them in the calculator.

1 Like

If GLC is RWD, it is probably more fun to drive.

I don’t know much about the GLB, but it sounds like a lifted CLA with some extra cargo space. Or maybe that’s the GLA. Either way, GLC sounds better.

1 Like

GLB looks like a toaster to me, personally.

Thank you all for your feedback on GLB vs GLC.

Question on MSD - Is there a return on MSD amount with MB financing?

Been reading this forum and found BMW can provide 10% return, does MB have a similar program.

Yes, MSDs on MB save roughly the same amount. Exact amount varies by lease.

1 Like

MB’s return should be higher at .00007 reduction per, vs .00005 from BMW

1 Like

Does MB dealership in DFW accept MSDs?

I read somewhere in this forum where I cannot enforce the dealership to include/accept MSDs. Also is it good idea to discuss MSDs with fiancee department rather than sales ?

Nail down sale price, incentives, and any tax credits first.

1 Like

You can’t force them, but you can certainly take your business elsewhere if they won’t.

2 Likes

Finally found the missing money!!!
The deal has a 12.8% off MSRP, $1150 down payment and tax credit incentive on the selling price $43000, dealer provided 1.5% rate that equated to $645 in taxes.

To incorporate “Texas 1.5% tax credit” on the lease calculator, I had include the $645 to the selling price. I referred lease copy shared on below thread and it looks like dealers in TX is adding the sales tax to the gross capital cost.

Here is the updated lease calculation

I guess, first thing i have to do is negotiate a deal without a down payment and even then, this deal is still not great, correct ?

Also if I lease a vehicle out of state, will the dealer/broker use MF and RV values from their region or will it be Texas values ?

Deal sheet

Loyalty?

If not, Looks solid past the $300 upcharge on the acquisition fee.

deal

Get acq backed down to $795 and should look like this more or less.

No loyalty bonus.

Thanks for sharing the numbers.

1 Like