2020 GLC 300 - Deal or Not?

@max_g The only incentive is a $500 rebate which is being applied to the selling price after the dealer discount.

@myles21 I am confirming with Edmunds… I originally requested the terms for my home zip code. I should have requested the terms for the zip code of the dealer. Waiting on the response.

@myles21 Unfortunately Edmunds was unable to provide the MF & RV for 39 months. Not sure what the best play here would be.

I haven’t seen this before so who knows, maybe it’s being funded outside of MBFS?

You’re getting close with your deal. Keep negotiating. You should be paying under $500 for that car. Push for base MF or more discount. See if they’ll meet in the middle with MF .00125 and 16% post incentive discount.
Once that’s done, add max MSDs if you can and you’ll end up at about $450/month

Spinning wheels like this is just a waste of time. You’re back at square one not knowing the MF and RV.

Make your own offer for 36 months using Edmunds info and send it to multiple dealers.

They must be using a 3rd party bank. Term doesn’t match up with what mbfs offers and the acquisition fee is wrong for mercedes financial

1 Like

The image shows “Lender: Mercedes Benz”

I noticed that, but having a manually overridden acquisition fee and terms that don’t make sense seems to point to that being a stock form being used

The profit section shows -$300 for the acquisition fee which would add up to the standard $795 MB fee

Right. If you had a standard form that subtracted your manual entered amount, that’s what it would show.

There’s so much here that makes no sense. The only way we will know for sure is if the op asks the dealer specifically which financial company they’re using.

@mllcb42 @max_g @myles21

Thanks again for all the help fellas.

So, I confirmed with the manager that the deal in fact is being financed with MB Financial. I am told they cannot finance the vehicle with any other lender. I don’t know if this next part is BS but I am being told that this is being treated as an “Employee” deal.

I was unable to get the MF down to 0.00100% however, I was able to negotiate another $1332.25 off the price of the car.

This is the final offer from the dealer:

39/10
0.00150% MF (Marked up from 0.00100)
55% RV
$1750 DAS (First Month + New Tag/Registration + BS Dealer Fees)
$500 Monthly Tax In
$474 Monthly Tax In with 5 MSD (+2750 At Closing)
$449 Monthly Tax in with 10 MSD (+5500 At Closing)

Thoughts, opinions, concerns?

My father has actually done 39 mo w/ MB (I’m pretty sure it was through MBFS), but that was a few yrs ago.

That seems like a good deal to me.

Did you get the 36 month RV/MF/incentives from Edmunds?

Yeah, the 36/10 from Edmunds is 57% / 0.00100%

They were unable to provide numbers for 39/10. Even after I gave the zip to the dealer itself.

I went through the entire thread on Edmunds and couldn’t find a single request for 39/10.

Safe to say the RV will be lower due to the lease being for longer and I just have to take the dealers word on the MF mark up.

As per the breakdown they sent me… I see the base of 0.00100% and the mark up on another line.

I am happy with everything I’ve learned from here… I was able to save $54 monthly. I will likely be going the MSD route as well.

Just to clarify, this includes the MSDs, right?

$1750 is my First Month, New Tag/Registration and Misc Dealer Fees.

Should be a bit less once they have the actual fee for my tag and registration cost. I haven’t figured out my tag/registration situation.

+5500 would be 10 MSD. To my understanding each MSD is my monthly payment rounded to the nearest $50.

Yah, just wanted to make sure that they were similar enough to make sense. A sanity check more than anything.

Nice job! You kept negotiating and got yourself to a signable deal👍

The $449 w/10 MSD would be my choice.

Edit: Consider a 36/10, too. You get the higher RV and you’ll skip the registration on the 4th yr that you only use for 3 months.

2 Likes

Your feedback is greatly appreciated on this 2020 GLC 300 4MATIC

You can’t put down 10 MSDs on a .00058 MF

Can you explain that? It’s 9 msds with a base mf of .00058