2020 GLC 300 - Deal or Not?

Hey LeaseHackr,

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Here is the deal I have managed to negotiate up to this point:

2020 Mercedes Benz GLC 300

MSRP: $49,785
Sales Price: $43,060

Sales Tax: $2690.87
Tire/Battery: $6.50
Tag Agency Fee: $149.00
Registration Fee: $450.00
Dealer Service Fee: $799.99
Balance Due: $47,155.37

39/10

$554 Tax In with $1750 DAS
.00150% MF Residual Value 55%

Not a deal.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. Care to give help on where I can try to improve the deal?

What should I be looking for?

The buy rate mf, residual, and incentives from edmunds

A breakout of the pre-incentive sales price and incentives

A calculator link would be helpful

MF looks marked up. Don’t know about April numbers but I believe GLC has some incentives. See what Edmunds comes back with.

Is that dealer fee on top of an acquisition fee? What’s the DAS breakdown?

Thanks for the feedback.

I will report back once I get that information from Edmunds.

1 Like

This is on Rodo… if and only if they accept it, that would make your deal terrible

You were right…

Here are the numbers from Edmunds:

MF: 0.00100%
R: 57%
$500 Dealer Cash

How can I use this to my advantage? I obviously should be negotiating them to use that MF and Residual value I suppose?

Calculator With Edmund Numbers

Did I plug these numbers in correctly?

Close with calculator. The $500 incentive is probably in the discount already so it doesn’t go in post sale rebate. We’d have to see a breakdown to confirm.
I don’t see an acquisition fee, $795 for MB but typically they charge $1095. Again, this will be in the breakdown.
Get the MF to base with the dealer or offset with a bigger discount. Either will get you to the proper monthly.
Surprised to see the incorrect RV from the dealer as this can’t be changed.
If you can put down MDS it’ll drop your MF even lower and you’ll be paying in the $400s

Edit: You first posted a 39/10 term but calculator shows 36, which is it? Did you ask Edmunds for the right term? Maybe that’s why residuals are different.

Thanks for the advice.

I was told on Edmund’s that there isn’t 39 month term available which is strange because that is what the dealer is offering.

I’ve attached the offer sheet. I greatly appreciate your help.

You’re confusing the offer sheet with what you think the deal is according to your initial post.
The $1750 isn’t simply DAS, it’s cash down that’s due on top of the all the other fees. Don’t do put any cash down.
You’re usually better off with a 36/10 anyway. The numbers are favorable and you also won’t have to pay a 4th yrs registration to use the car for only 3 months.
Use the other advise I just mentioned. Discount is ok but can’t hurt to push for another $500 off.

Pretty sure it’s $1750 DAS

As per the dealer, its only $1750 DAS nothing else.

I am working on the negotiating the MF and Residual.

Trying to figure out the offer they made of 39/10 if apparently it isn’t available.

Why lease now? Better deals are coming down the road.

Hmm if DAS is correct I wonder what is wrong in the figures you sent. Must be the residual that isn’t adding up. I’d look into the 55 vs 57% then.

With that statement, I suggest you take this advice:

Stop talking to the dealer. Delete their email. Walk away.

Spend the next few weeks researching what goes into making a good lease deal, how leases are calculated, and research comparable deals.

The key to getting a good deal is being overly educated on every aspect of the deal. If you approach this without having a full understanding of everything, you are at a huge disadvantage. Currently, you’re missing critical details.

Where does the information provided on the Edmunds forum come from anyways?

I want to make sure I properly negotiate and don’t just say someone told me online :sweat_smile:

Geez wasn’t expecting that sort of response :sweat_smile:

I feel like the Karate Kid/Mr. Miyagi

It makes sense however, I completely understand that statement you just made.

Totally agree for popular models with good inventory. Do you think that will also be true for less popular models/packages since inventory will also be dropping rapidly? Of course it’s impossible to predict but I’m on the fence about waiting a few weeks/months or locking something in and being done.

Edmunds source is directly from the manufacturer and banks so their info is valid. I’ve seem typo’s before though since they answer so many questions. It’s possible that happened.
Also you need to specify trim so if you asked for AWD and are looking a RWD then that could also be the case here.