2020 Corvette C8 pics, El Camino Chevrolet

I’m willing to bet you $1000 that this car is going to fly off the shelves despite what you think. This is THE CAR that saved GM.

3 Likes

They have no plans on bringing back the manual. I read somewhere that 13% of GM’s debt is due to manual corvettes sitting around. The market for it is too small to invest and develop it for GM it said.

You are actually correct. Now almost everyone can afford a supercar! and that’s a great thing :smile:

Haha, I don’t doubt it! There are a plethora of middle aged men in jorts and high hanes who surely have their wallets ready :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

This is a pretty extreme claim. Corvettes equipped with manuals would make up a very small fraction of over all vehicle production at GM. 13% is a pretty large amount of money comparatively for a 60k to 80k dollar car.

Sources?

6 Likes

Probably going to end up like every hyped up car ever. Big fanfare, people lining up to buy it, saying best thing ever, the first 8 months seems like gangbusters, then the next shiny thing captures everyone’s attention and we move on.

The new C7 when it came out.
The focus RS
Civic type R
Supra, though they already killed that along with the NSX with how long that was drawn out with the hinting.

I’m sure there are going to be plenty of these out there for discount in 3 years once you start seeing 3-4 these everyday on your commute to work.

For those thinking (dreaming) you’ll be able to hack one of these anytime soon…yeah, good luck with that…

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/gm-designer-says-the-2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-is-nearly-sold-out

That’s a bit of a stretch. This isn’t a high volume car…it’s a niche.

GM is still the US #1 auto company. The BK back in 2008 is what saved GM.

1 Like

I completely agree. I know a GM at one of the largest Corvette dealers in CA who has 48 pre-sold

I’m thinking 2021 earliest, prob 2022 or 2023 more realistic. Also have to see what happens with the economy, as a recession will destroy demand for this car, imo.

Do you still remember when some were paying $10k to get a promise their Tesla 3 would be delivered in 1 year instead of 3 or more?

Same will happen here. GM will push the factory to ramp up production with extra shifts while the hype goes and in 2 years it will be back to regular business. 2022 should be hackable. Regardless of how nice and fun it is there is only so much market for a 2-seat coupe/convertible/targa that pricing starts above median yearly salary.

3 Likes

Well there’s one less on the streets…

1 Like

You guys run after the ugly infintis being handed out on Leasehackr on a daily basis but call this car ugly and cheap looking and compare it to a civic…bonkers.

3 Likes

Not I…I think the new Vette is a winner big time.

6 Likes

Agreed. I am 0% interested in American muscle, but if I smooched that C8 and ended up with Chevy logo-shaped herpes flare-ups, I would own it. :kissing_heart::us::racing_car:

2 Likes
1 Like

the q60 doesn’t look that bad, q50 is bland, but most of the people on this site aren’t really car people. If they could get a 7 series for $500 a month it wouldn’t matter if the car only had 100 hp they would be screaming like little girls and yelling unicorn.

I wouldn’t judge deal chasers opinions tbh.

I think the new vette looks amazing, mid engine supercar styling at 60k, the z06 and zr1 will be eating up mclarens, ferraris, and lambo’s for a fraction of the cost, think r35 gtr when it first came out revolutionary.

2 Likes

This. So much this. Big difference between car guys and guys who want a unicorn i3 deal. I’m always surprised how many people on here think Apple car is a must have luxury as if they don’t spend enough time interacting with their phones they can’t spend a few moments enjoying their car without a distraction

There are a few guys on here who know a thing or two about cars. Sadly, car enthusiasts in general are a dieing breed. Millennials just want to Uber from moms house to the Starbucks. Also, cars have gotten remarkably good at all price points.

2 Likes

Although I 100% agree with you…
I am a car guy but I definitely think Apple CarPlay is amazing :slightly_smiling_face: from using waze to navigating my spotify easily :wink:

2 Likes