2020 Corvette C8 pics, El Camino Chevrolet

my boy @spockvr6 got an i3 and he’s sort of a car guy :rofl::rofl: , but yeah people nowadays care less about what they drive than what they wear how they look and smile for the gram!

You forgot to mention that they are all democrats.

6 Likes

Just the mentally ill ones. Liberalism is a mental disorder

3 Likes

So, you are saying there is a chance?

2 Likes

Dang, tell us how you really feel. Or do you need to take a second to yell at some kids to get off your lawn first?

1 Like

There is ZERO excuse in 2019 to NOT give me a standard double-din space for a head unit. I DNGAF what it comes with if I can change it.

Don’t get cute with the center console layout to prevent me from replacing your awful CarPlay-less thing with what I want. I love cars but I need my tunes, and most of the Bluetooth implementations are from the mid-2000s, don’t support all the ObEx profiles, and sound like garbage.

If I’m driving a classic that has two tin can speakers, fine. But I’m not fighting traffic or road tripping in something I can’t hear my noise or make a phone call. We live in the future and I DEMAND BOTH.

Nah the Ds are way too conservative for my taste.

Which is why Liberals, once upon a time, invested in mental health treatment. The conservatives closed them down and put the crazies back on the streets, so we joined forces.

1 Like

Yeah…One can appreciate the old and new school stuff just the same. Ive torn down and rebuilt ICE engines, added/modified forced induction, etc quite a number of times and its cool and fun stuff. But its def on the way out and the day will soon be here where the much simpler EV driveline will be what the “car guys” are messing with. Maybe the day will even come where the “Mr Fusion” is around…

3 Likes

I think cars, to some degree, are becoming appliances. The fact that so many cars are so (relatively) good is perhaps helping to foster this.

2 Likes

Yes, what I was trying to say :slight_smile:

“marty the flux capacitor!”

How did a C8 post turn into childish i3 and CaPlay comments? Some of you must have nothing else to do than argue just to keep busy! How sad…

You forgot the for $60000 part, with reasonable running costs to boot. When Chevy is throwing $10k on the frunk I will be there ready to buy. Probably sept 2022.

1 Like

Expect the Corvette base price to balloon by 2022. 10k In frunk cash will probably bring the price down to 70k by that point.

I do not think 60k a car is profitable for Chevy long term. I think it’ll be like the GT-R, cheap now and by next year the price will sky rocket to cover development costs.

I knew there was something special about the orange man, he was a Democrat just a few years ago. :joy:

I doubt this will happen. It will take away a whole range of potential buyers. Anyone has build a basic 60k one? I reconfigured one but no price is given. Trying to see if I should stop dreaming now or start making preparations in my garage.

But dont forget about the C7s! It is still a tremendous car and the discounts are incredible.

Snag one, and when the timing is right, and GM is offering $3000 Corvette loyalty, like they did this year, get a C8.

The residual on our Corvette is low 30s. I never bank on it, but believe it’s a good candidate for pos equity at lease end.

Not enough people will spring for the C8 at 60k for the economics to remain viable. The price will rise, considering that a C8 with the Z51 package is about 67k and with a few creature comforts pushes 70k.

I doubt any dealership will carry many base C8’s at the 60k price point and if they do, they will most likely ask for above MSRP.

I’m just going by historical precedence with these types of launches. The C8 is not significantly more expensive than the C7 and required the research and development of a completely revised architecture. They moved the engine to the back! Everything about the format of the car changed. All of that means development costs. The C8 absolutely cost GM more money to make and it’s costing them more money as the UAW strike continues.

To think the price will not increase over the next three years is very optimistic thinking.

The C8 is geared towards a 40+ to 50+ crowd with disposable income. If they have 60k to spend on the car, they most likely have 70k or even 80k. The “younger” crowd that GM wants isn’t as young as we may think. 18 to 35 year olds are generally going to college, starting careers, buying homes, raising families to have the disposable income to blow on an impractical sports car.

Hey now, we have some income to blow on a impractical sports car… just a used one. :slight_smile:

Absolutely! I wouldn’t mind blowing 40k on a nice, used sports car. Also, no kids!