2020 Chevy Bolt LT - NJ - $6512 One Pay - $1512 After NJ Rebate

I spent a few days emailing and calling a bunch of local Chevy dealerships. Inventory is very scarce right now. Dealerships know that demand is kinda high due to the crazy deals and they are unwilling to discount a lot. I woke up this morning with my best offer being ~$7700-7800 one pay. The GM who was working on my deal asked when I came in and I was trying to get an additional $800 off. He didn’t promise anything, but said if I came in, that we could meet in the middle.

I had the day off, and nothing better to do after running some errands in the morning, so I decided what the hell, I should drive the damn thing anyway and worst case scenario, I would stop by and see some friends that work down the street. That dealership was roughly 20 minutes away. I decided to stop by a dealership 5 minutes away on my way in. I previously worked with a nice lady there on a Silverado 3 years ago. She wasn’t in, but another guy helped me. He threw me the keys to a Bolt and I test drove. I came back and told him I was interested. He came back with a $8800 one pay. I told him I needed to be at a $6800 one pay. He ran the numbers again and came back at $7700, and that was his best offer take it or leave it. Well, I left it, but I made sure to stop by and say hi to the owner on the way out. She and I were acquainted through an old boss of mine.

She told me that she would get me the best deal possible, and that the manager said the deal was very aggressive and the best they could do. I left and went to the dealership that was 15 minutes away. They basically wasted my time where the sales person argued with me about “who do you think I am that I’m telling him how much money they’re making on the deal”. The numbers in person were worse than through email, and I left and went to catch up with my friends down the street.

Then around 5pm, when I’m home, I get a call from the first dealership 5 minutes away, apparently the owner authorized a larger discount and they were trying to get a hold of me. They were calling and texting an old business number I no longer had for about 5 hours prior. Every time there was no answer, they would get more aggressive with the price. Anyway, by the time they called the right number, the $6500 one pay they offered was better than I asked for, so I agreed and came in and signed a buyers order (worthless piece of paper until the car’s delivered).

They didn’t have the car - it’s in transit, so I didn’t pick it up yet. I will wait to publish any more information until I pick it up.

Note: I wouldn’t recommend going into a dealership unless you have a deal ironed out or are spitting distance from one. Sometimes, the managers need that extra shove of seeing you there to discount the last few hundred bucks to close the deal. But you need to know you numbers, be firm, and show no emotion. You also need to have time to waste, and going in during the week when they’re not busy is a lot better typically.

I don’t particularly care about the car, I’m not in love with it, but for basically $42/mo, you can’t really go wrong…

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Chevy Bolt LT
MSRP: $39,790
Monthly Payment: $0
Drive-Off Amount: $6512.XX
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k/yr
MF: .00051 -> .00001 for One Pay
Residual: 53$
Incentives: $10,250 (5750 Lease Cash, 3000 Costco, 1500 Conquest)
Region: New Jersey
Leasehackr Score: 74.3 Years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Chevrolet&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=39790&sales_price=36554&months=36&mf=.00051&dp=0&dealer_fee=329&acq_fee=650&taxed_inc=10250&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=5000&resP=53&reg_fee=300&sales_tax=0&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true&gm_onePay=true

7 Likes

:clap:
Nice work… btw did you ask or did they ever quote a Premier?

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Boltsmas! :zap::zap::zap:

I did not - they barely wanted to discount an LT and when I said I would take a Premier for and extra 2% off sticker, they basically laughed at me.

Not that I care. I’m sure the LT is fine. Just looking for something super cheap so that I can justify getting a nicer weekend car.

So $138/month for a Bolt??? OMG!

I’m confused. How did you get $138/mo?

Mine will run about $42/mo.

I’d imagine $6512-$1512/36, but I knew better.

I’m guessing they aren’t from NJ or are unaware of the $5,000 incentive? But even then the numbers don’t work out to that.

He will get back $5,000 from the NJ state EV rebate. His one pay is effectively ~$1,500 for 36 months

Hey @Falcon01

Me and you are in the same boat with the shopping experience and stories. I really don’t need or want this car but trying to make it happen. My dealer too is holding back at the moment and I know if I go in there they will prob want to make it work.

Totally agree with you that if you’re in the dealership and the sales manager is there up on top behind the “great wizard of oz” wall and sees you are interested and want to make a deal (and know your numbers), they’ll play…

There’s no way they’re selling out of these. It’s mid month already and my dealer still has the same cars up. I feel like they’ll wanna play ball come closer to month end…

Congrats btw

Seems like a common story. The dealers know how good the deals on these are. They are trying to make as much money as possible. From my experience, the email to finalize a deal works much better on highline brands than on Chevy, Honda, etc.

There’s a certain Chevy dealer in Jersey that I may have named in the past (but won’t name here) that somehow had their inventory slightly INCREASE during this NJ Leasehackr Boltapalooza. Unless it’s just too early in the month for them to deal, they seem to be playing the long game here: hold onto them with the chance that they could end up being the only game in town and/or just wait for people who will accept zero dealer discount due to the strength of the program. They are definitely a “fear of low payment” dealer, I can say that much for sure based on prior contact. This time they wouldn’t even give me a response when I asked for a quote.

2 Likes

I can name a few. I am still searching. May be towards the end of month they will be more aggressive. I would love to get 6.5k deal and I have GM supplier also.

Congratulations, enjoy the car.

The second half of the month, which begins tomorrow, is when dealers are more focused on the deals. They are unmotivated at the beginning of the month, since they are closing out the paperwork for the previous month (and labor day weekend did not help), so now the race for free bolts in NJ begins.

By Cargurus’ count there are 56 Bolts (Both trims combined) within 100 miles of my Central New Jersey zip code that are actually located IN New Jersey. They are somewhat concentrated too. One dealer has 18 of them and a few others have more than a few on hand. It looks like some new LTs may have hit, or are in the process of hitting dealer lots.

Not all of them post it on cargurus. Chevy’s own website puts the number at 240 in 100 miles of me.

I’m sure that there are more. Cargurus definitely isn’t perfect. But the bigger question is how many of them are located in NJ? Depending on your zip code you are probably pulling NY dealers, PA, CT, MD, etc.

Yes that is the problem. I am trying to sort by located close to me, and in the process of emailing everyone right now. As long as they are in NJ. Some GMC dealership seems to have them also as new.

Keep in mind that the websites aren’t great at updating from DMS. There will be cars listed on dealers websites thst sold 2 or 3 weeks ago…hell, my local dealer has “3” LT in stock. 2 of them sold, and 1 is in transit.