2020 Chevy Bolt LT - NJ - $6512 One Pay - $1512 After NJ Rebate

Not sure if in-transit vehicles showing as “in stock” is a bug or a feature

It can definitely bring in traffic … the customer could ultimately choose a different VIN from stock that day or pencil a deal waiting for delivery but either way works for the dealer

It’s a bug - some vehicles show in transit properly. There’s a huge delay on the DMS managing/sending information to the website.

In transit or not you can still work a deal if it has a VIN assigned and you’re willing to wait for it to come in. Just hope that all of the seats match when you go back to take delivery.

1 Like

lol true, I got a dealer offering 6 % discount, but to do more they want me to come to dealership. Not sure if I should bite or not.

If it’s relatively close, why not?

Politely request 10% off or walk. You’re not too far away from 6%

What’s the rest of the deal? 6% isn’t really 6% if it comes attached to a MF markup and/or a big doc fee.

The sales guy has not sent me any details yet. I asked him for a break down of everything, he said he will replay after confirming everything.
Everything at one pay lease is 8.6k including everything.

I am thing the same. The dealership is about 30 mins away.
I may try to visit later today.

I left off via email at 2.8% off of MSRP. I went in person to the exact same dealer 4 days later and got 10.5% off. I’m not recommending that everyone try that, but speaking directly to management in person with a detailed written proposal, along with the necessary documents for the authorization codes worked for me. A small gift for their troubles didn’t hurt either. I just tried to make it as quick and easy as possible either way, yes or no.

Thats what I am thinking also. I will go there and see if they bite. I am not in a hurry to sign, but I can always seal the deal if numbers match.
Thank you for the tip. I may try to get them something as well. However I dont know them previously so I dont know how they will respond to a gift.

I can’t really say how that would work for everyone, but the strongest suggestion I can make is to have your offer fully vetted and in writing, including stock number, msrp, selling price, all the rebates you qualify for, bank fee, doc fees, DMV, tire tax, RV, MF, everything. Give them the total cost, whether it’s a One Pay or monthly payment. Include copies of your license, insurance, registration if you are using it for loyalty or conquest, as well as copies of the Costco authorization and supplier authorization if you are using then. Give them a copy of whatever ID, etc you are using to prove that you qualify for supplier. Make it as hard to say no as possible. It should be the easiest sale they have to make all day, even if it’s the biggest front end loser.

1 Like

@ElectricEliminator

Any suggestions for a home charger? Also, what other perks do we have by having a ZEV. I read somewhere that you get to drive in the carpool lane and get discounted tolls. Know of anything else?

You need to contact EZ Pass about the carpool and reduced tolls I think. I’m using the included charger so I haven’t really researched options on Level 2 all that much. I’m probably going to wait for the details of that part of the rebate program to be announced. More “free” money!

1 Like

From what I’ve seen that program won’t be announced for a while :frowning:
Keep in mind that the federal 30% rebate is due to expire soon if not extended, and the NJ rebate may be a % rebate as well.

Update: I ended up picking up the Bolt about 2 weeks ago. Total one pay was a bit higher than promised, $6543. Decided not to argue about $30. Tbey let me put $3k on a credit card.

I applied for the $5k state rebate a week ago. No communication on it yet.

I decided to hold off on getting a level 2 charger for now. I only work 9 miles from home, so I can easily charge to a full charge every night. I took it to Brooklyn on Friday and drove roughly 110 miles. A full charge took roughly 20 hours on my normal 120 outlet.

Just a note to future owners, the charger on the Bolt does not like GFCI outlets or breakers. They will trip (at least mine did) when it gets plugged in even if nothing else is on the circuit. Mine are old, so someone with newer outlers might have better luck.

Might also have to do with how many amps you are pulling

It isn’t. I’ve tried pulling both 8 amps and 12 amps on a 15 amp circuit with nothing else - not even any lights on it. Tripped right away. I plugged it into a 15 amp that also powers a dehumidifier, modem, switch, NVR, etc. and it works just fine even pulling 12 amps. Again, it might just be that it’s an GFCI breaker that may have gone bad - the house is almost 40 years old, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s original.

Are you using an extension cord? I had a similar issue with an outdoor gfci and I switched cords… no more problems regardless of amperage.

Nope, plugged directly into an outlet. Funny enough, now I’m using an extension cord that runs from my basement into the garage.

Yes, replace that GFCI…they don’t really last that long…a decade is a long time for them. Cost should be around $12 or so.