2020 Chevy Bolt EV Premier (loaded) 36/10k Arizona ($306/mo $0 drive off)

Okay, so I worked this deal as much as I could and still couldn’t quite match what the other Leasehackr from AZ recently got (not apples-to-apples though since this car has all of the big priced packages). The deceiving part of these numbers is the lease trade-in. I got a lot more from this dealer than any other dealer was willing to offer (including Carvana and Vroom). It wound up being $500 over Excellent condition in KBB, and the car was not in Excellent condition (worn tires, some deep scratches from debris hitting the car during a brutal monsoon storm, some melted plastic interior pieces from our 120 degree summers). I was expecting to be upside down on this car by a bit, not actually get some equity out of it. But they wouldn’t come down on the purchase price as much as other dealers, so it all equals out.

Another dealer said they could probably beat the price by a bit, but needed to see my trade-in first, but they didn’t have the color combo I wanted so I just decided to accept this deal.

I have to say, this is the 5th lease I’ve worked and this one was the hardest by far. My last two lease deals (Honda and MINI) we worked out via email within a couple of hours, went to sign paperwork, and it was done. I was in contact with 5 different Chevy dealers and the one I wound up purchasing from was the only one where I felt like they were being upfront and honest with me, even if it took a couple of days to get them down to this price. One dealer actually lied to me and said GM finance MF was actually .001 at the lowest and I was misinformed with my .00053. One said, “there’s no way we can let you walk off with a $44,000 car for $300 a month” like it was an affront to society or something. One dealer could only come down to $425/mo (“that’s barebones, we can’t even do a dollar more”) and then when I told them about the offer I was going to accept, they said “I’m sure we could beat that!” It was like all of the stereotypes about how dealerships used to be. I wonder if this is a Chevy/GM thing nationally or just in my city.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Bolt EV Premier (Infotainment, Driver Conf II, DC Fast Charge)
MSRP: $43,995
Addons: Window Tint - $299 (I actually wanted this because of our crazy summers)
Sell Price: $42,654.25
Trade-In Net: $964.40
Monthly Payment: $306/mo (includes tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 53%
Residual: .00053
Incentives: $11,250 Total
($8250 - Lease Cash
$2500 - Dealer Cash
$500 - Non-GM Lease Capture )
Region: AZ
Leasehackr Score: 12.9 Years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Chevrolet&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=43995&sales_price=42654.25&months=36&mf=.00053&dp=0&dealer_fee=83&acq_fee=650&taxed_inc=12214.40&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=53&reg_fee=74.25&sales_tax=7.8&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

1 Like

I just visited a chevy dealer and get a similar number, but for me it is not worth it.

1 Like

Others are getting them a little bit lower, so if it’s close I’d bet you could work something out.

The reason they gave so much for your trade is because they gave you less of a discount, 3% is a joke, target should be 10%. You should have shopped the price first and then threw the trade in, you probably left money on the table.

1 Like

Yes, I think I did leave some money on the table. But at what I valued my own car at based on KBB/Carvana/Vroom, this deal comes out to about 7.5% off. The best I could come up with at another dealer was 6.6% off MSRP with no trade-in. The other AZ deal that was posted a couple of days ago was 8.3% off (before incentives), so I think I definitely could have done a bit better if I had some more patience.

EDIT: And this was shopping it with 5 different dealers! Ugh.

2 Likes

Enjoy the HOV lane my friend!

One of the keys to a good hack here in AZ, is getting the window tint for free:)

3 Likes

Can you message me the dealer. I’m in Arizona as well.

I’ve been having the same exact trouble with dealers in AZ as well. Bait and switch seems to be the standard, coupled with, “I can’t do that! Oh, now I can because you’re actually serious.” So much damn back and forth just to get to the original request. And by then it often no longer feels worth it.

Trouble with a “small state.” Really wish the EV incentives were here.

PM me for a contact at EARNHARDT in Chandler, he’s the real deal the whole process at the dealer took under 15 mins.

1 Like

I got offered $290 including tax $0das. Seems decent

And was this for premier and February month?
Then it was a very good offer.

Nope. January. Not achievable this month. Just saying he got a decent deal

Oh okay … :+1:

the freeway chev dealership made me an offer on truecar at 32,700. when i came into try to get a 44,400 down to around 30k with incentives, their first offer to me was 38k, 6k over true car.

That dealership is a joke, about to pull the trigger on a bolt soon with either Van or Courtesy. Trying to get to 30,700 after all incentives.

Keep in mind that $3000 worth of incentives disappeared this month, not possible to get $14k off, especially without gm card bonus and lease loyalty

1 Like

So what’s Feb/20 deals are available on the Bolt?

Bad this month

1 Like