2020 BMW X5 m50i - Lease Deal

Quick!! Someone tell me this car is a bad idea and that an x7 40i for the same price is far more practical. Just test drove one last night and i think i need one!

Completely different car, bud. The X7 is big and brutish while the X5 retains some semblance of grace.

3 Likes

the x5 m50 is an suv that’s basically a muscle truck, it’s like a jeep srt or a Porsche cayenne gts. It has all the practicality of an SUV but eats v8 Mustangs, camaros and scat packs for lunch out on the streets.

The x7 is a luxury suv, completely different class

2 Likes

I want one…if only the payment didn’t resemble my mortgage payment…hahah.

4 Likes

I mean lowkey if he’s paying $1100-1200 a month for an m50 just wait for the x5 M, at least at $1400-$1500 you can spank corvettes and lamborghinis. They both are definitely the best of both worlds tho, luxury and speed.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Can you say where this deal was offered?

Was not even considering the x5 until i saw the m50 on the floor…totally blacked out with 22" wheels. Ive been patiently waiting for x7s deals, which are finally here, and along comes this curveball. I haven’t started talking price but if i could even manage anything close to what this guy got it will lease better than a similarly priced x7 on residual alone. Residual on x7 is horrible!

1 Like

X7 is the same residual as X5 right now (at least until Sept program comes out - then who knows). X7s are selling well so discount is harder to get. However, anyone willing to take a 19 can likely get a nice deal now that 20s are arriving on the lots.

9% is very respectable for a new order on a 2020. Max I’ve seen is 10% but that’s going to be very tough right now - there’s no real incentive for a dealer to do that at the moment.

pray it doesn’t have black rims standard, you hate those lol.

Maybe it will have black wheels and chrome tires.

3 Likes

No way the x7 and x5 m50i have same residual. X7 sales are in the dumps, down nearly 40% from last month, and any recent growth is spawned only from dealers looking to move old inventory. Residual on x5 m50i should be around 60%; waiting to see quote from dealer.

It’s 58%, same as X7.

Regarding X7 sales, the sales slump is mostly regional and will probably spurn some incentives towards it as well as the fact that everyone who absolutely positively needs to have one already picked one up.

Personally I’d only take one if I could pick it up for the same price as a comparatively equipped X5.

1 Like

what is the MSRSP and the sale price

1 Like

A single month sales dip has nothing to do with any residual value, let alone 36 months out. There’s no way BMW will take the risk of a 60% RV on a high MSRP X5 - maybe on an X5M but not an M50i. BMWs depreciate like a falling rock, it’s a lease brand all the way - there’s too much supply in the used market to keep the prices up.

1 Like

If I was in the market now, I’d be aiming to find a dealer willing to do 15% off sticker before incentives on an X7, probably a loaded up one (more gross). We just passed monthend, but end of Sept there’s likely to be someone wanting to move 19s out (and maybe regions with a glut of inventory will get trunk money assistance from BMW). In the northeast, there’re hundreds of 19 X7s on the lots - that’s a lot of high MSRP cars to move in short order.

I was commenting on your statement that X7s are selling well; simply not true. They are down on a national level nearly 40%. As for the residual, im surprised a week old car and a 6 month old would have the same residual; 59% is much higher than i thought on a 2019 x7…feel like ive seen mid 50s pretty consistently.

They have been selling well since release. Perhaps last month (I take it you mean July as Aug isn’t out yet) there’s a drop but it’s not a trend yet. Ultimately it doesn’t matter how you and I interpret the sales situation, but how BMW and the dealer network does. As I mentioned, the biggest bargaining chip at the moment is that 20s are arriving on the lots and so 19s need extra incentive to move. Also once the new GLS goes on sale later this year, I’d expect more X7 discounts as well.

RV is just another knob that BMWFS can tweak, it need not be a strict future value view. I’ve even seen the opposite from BMWFS in the past - they’ll have higher RV for outgoing model year, presumably to support moving inventory.

59% is 7.5K miles…

Fact of the matter is though that at their price point they’re just not going to move as fast and frequently as the bread and butter cars like X3’s, 3 series for example.