2020 BMW X5 m50i - Lease Deal

It’s 58%, same as X7.

Regarding X7 sales, the sales slump is mostly regional and will probably spurn some incentives towards it as well as the fact that everyone who absolutely positively needs to have one already picked one up.

Personally I’d only take one if I could pick it up for the same price as a comparatively equipped X5.

1 Like

what is the MSRSP and the sale price

1 Like

A single month sales dip has nothing to do with any residual value, let alone 36 months out. There’s no way BMW will take the risk of a 60% RV on a high MSRP X5 - maybe on an X5M but not an M50i. BMWs depreciate like a falling rock, it’s a lease brand all the way - there’s too much supply in the used market to keep the prices up.

1 Like

If I was in the market now, I’d be aiming to find a dealer willing to do 15% off sticker before incentives on an X7, probably a loaded up one (more gross). We just passed monthend, but end of Sept there’s likely to be someone wanting to move 19s out (and maybe regions with a glut of inventory will get trunk money assistance from BMW). In the northeast, there’re hundreds of 19 X7s on the lots - that’s a lot of high MSRP cars to move in short order.

I was commenting on your statement that X7s are selling well; simply not true. They are down on a national level nearly 40%. As for the residual, im surprised a week old car and a 6 month old would have the same residual; 59% is much higher than i thought on a 2019 x7…feel like ive seen mid 50s pretty consistently.

They have been selling well since release. Perhaps last month (I take it you mean July as Aug isn’t out yet) there’s a drop but it’s not a trend yet. Ultimately it doesn’t matter how you and I interpret the sales situation, but how BMW and the dealer network does. As I mentioned, the biggest bargaining chip at the moment is that 20s are arriving on the lots and so 19s need extra incentive to move. Also once the new GLS goes on sale later this year, I’d expect more X7 discounts as well.

RV is just another knob that BMWFS can tweak, it need not be a strict future value view. I’ve even seen the opposite from BMWFS in the past - they’ll have higher RV for outgoing model year, presumably to support moving inventory.

59% is 7.5K miles…

Fact of the matter is though that at their price point they’re just not going to move as fast and frequently as the bread and butter cars like X3’s, 3 series for example.

That makes more sense, appreciate you clarifying that. What is residual on a 12k; would x7 and m50i still have same resdiual? Thanks again E

12k is 57%, 15k is 55%. Sept program will come out this coming week, we’ll see if there are changes.

BMW has a relatively easy program that isn’t quite as discriminative toward or against higher trims like Merc or Audi.

Current knowledge indicates same residual for all X5/X7 trims and models and MF is same across the entire board.

I was able to get 8% on a custom order m50i. I did not push the negotiations as I was ok with that number. 9-10% may be able to be had but it wasn’t worth it to me to haggle over $900.

1 Like

From 8-10% would be $1,800 or $60/mo.

Would you be able to do 10% on a custom order M50i? As I’m sure you know custom orders are not binding so if you can get that done for me let me know.

Thanks.

1 Like

I’d have to check with different dealers regarding allocations and their willingness to dip into holdback so such a service would be more than your average in-stock deal and thus would require a retainer as well as a substantial deposit once order is placed.

1 Like

If only my rent wasn’t more than 2x the amount of your mortgage. :stuck_out_tongue:

You pay $47,000 in rent per year?!? (I included property tax in this equation —base payment lower)

Haha, no, but I do pay over $30,000. :confused: And remember that I’m not even in the city.

You’re likely better off trying for 10% on an order closer to monthend. Can get the convo going now but it’ll be tough.

That was my point saying I was fine with 8% given the hassle/waiting/haggling/‘retainer and substantial deposit’, etc. While I like getting great deals on cars if you’re worried about an extra $1-2k on a $95k car then maybe that’s not the car for you. I did insist on getting base money factor plus all rebates so I didn’t give it all away :slight_smile:

1 Like

I doubt affordability is at all involved here. It’s more about the game/challenge/“thrill of the hunt” aspect.

2 Likes