2020 Acura TLX Question

I love how you crap on pretty much everything I post.

Maybe something positive once in a while?

I have no clue who you are and have no idea what posts of yours I’ve responded to before.

NYC’s deal on that S60 T6 is a great deal… and it’s also $350 a month, before tax. So I stand by what I said… it’s highly unlikely you’re going to find an S60 T6 for under $300 with $0 DAS.

His is not the base model, which is what I’m looking at. I’d also be more aggressive with the discount. Not saying I’d land at under $300, but I’m sure I could get it pretty close.

Do you really think that there is $2000 ($50 /mo and an assumption of 8% sales tax) worth of room in that deal to go deeper?

What are you basing that assumption on?

This site is all about getting the best deal we can manage and learning from that. Part of that is knowing what realistic expectations are. Unfortunately, a lot of people come on, see a broker posting an amazing deal, and say “well I bet I can do 4-5% more discount!”

Knowing how far to push the deal isn’t just knowing that there is more room. It’s also knowing when there isn’t.

2 Likes

I use broker deals as a baseline and I’ve beaten them in every deal I’ve made, but apparently you know more than me.

Knowing is half the battle.

I don’t disagree that there are times that broker deals can be beaten. I’ve done the same. But you and GI Joe are both right, knowing is half the battle. Sometimes you have to know how much room there really is.

Nyc’s deal is at 14.8% pre-incentive based on the $4500 in incentives currently available in NY. To get under $300, you’d need to drop at least another 3%. 18% pre-incentive discount on a non-loaner s60 would be unprecedented.

I kindly request that there please not be any arguments unrelated to my original questions in this thread. I’m trying to get some good advice from this site because it’s helping me out a great deal, and I would appreciate it if my thread doesn’t get locked by mods because of fighting. Thank you.

That being said, I will be receiving offers from a few dealers today so I will post those as soon as I get them. I appreciate the help with all this!

1 Like

Might be worthwhile to check out the DC metro dealers too and drive/ship it to you… they’ve been pretty aggressive in pricing & straightforward (Dealt with Pohanka/Rosenthal in the past… others are Radley and Karent Radley).

Got a response from another dealer. Asked for lowest price of car pre-incentives and got $36,330. 3.6% off MSRP. Really?? I thought TLX’s didn’t sell well at all, and these dealers are acting like they’re gold. What am I missing here?

1 Like

I hear you. When I was looking to lease a car a couple of years ago (before I knew about LH), I looked at the TLX A-spec. I am located in MA, and at the time, one dealer had the car I wanted in the color combination of my choice. Long story short, the dealer was not being transparent with the lease cash and I ended up going with an Audi A4.

I would suggest looking at other manufacturers and and cars within your budget if Acura dealers don’t want to play ball with you.

If you are not in a rush to lease, wait till the end of the month/quarter to see if dealers want to play ball.

Good luck.

1 Like

I have an 18 TLX ASPEC V6. I leased it as soon as they came out. I wasn’t familiar with this site and need to post my lease on worst leases ever seen. It’s bad. zero down, 36/15k. $614 per mo. Pretty sure I paid maybe 500 under MSRP. With all that being said, it’s a great car. Decent power, rides well, great radio, chrome deleted with A spec package. Folks on this site always bash Acura and Honda but a 3 series is tiny compared to a Tlx. I’m 6’2 and can get into/out easily. Dad had a 335i and now a 440 gran coupe and I have to contort to get in and out of it.

2 years ago, I was quoted in the mid 500s for a 36 month/12k lease on a $45k A-spec. No money down and only upfront fees and 1st month was due. I passed on it, given the dealer’s shenanigans on incentives. I was also not a big fan and still not a fan of the TLX’s outdated infotainment system. I was coming from an Accord with the dual screens.

As far as your deal goes, the good news is that you have discovered this site and will be armed with valuable info when it comes time to negotiate your next lease.

1 Like

So I have a new offer from a different dealer.

MSRP: $37695
Selling price: $35,414
Lease Incentive: $8700
CAP cost:$26,714
Doc Fee: $199

36/12 and 7% sales tax included

They say $383 with first payment and $627 in fees. They also said this is including all season floor mats, wheel locks and the such. So that’s padding it a bit I’m sure. I still feel like I could get this lower?

1 Like

You know your own market best… Ultimately it’s up to you to decide if you’ve exhausted your local options; want to reach out to dealers further away; or just look at other makes/models that may lease better.

Your pre-incentive discount is only 6% off MSRP. So not a good deal.
As far as the accessories included in the price such as floor matts, get a breakdown for that. I bet they are making some money off that too.

I have responded back saying I want 10% pre-incentives.

Just got an offer from a different dealer. This one 2.9% off. OOOOOWEEEE contain my excitement! Man these guys don’t want to sell a car!

Don’t take it personally, but it sounds like these dealers would rather sell a car to a walk-in who is happy with the $8700 “Acura discount”. At this point, you just have to decide whether you want to work with a broker (if you still want to get a TLX) or keep reaching out to Acura dealers on your own.

Looking like the $383/month deal is goi9ng to be the best I can get for a tech package model. Every other dealer now has been either way higher, or flat out refused to deal anymore and shut me down. One place actually offered it to me at $195 off MSRP. That’s right, a 0.5% discount. Again, are these things like gold or something?? I never imagined a TLX would be this way.

The calculator is right on the money for the 383/M deal with the MF and RV you posted above:

I see RODO discounting around 12,500 in the NY area. Are the MF and RV you posted from Edmunds?

Id see if the dealer would be willing to drop the price by 1K. Or confirm the advertised MF for this month.

How many tech packaged TLXs are on the lot at these dealers ? That’s important because they won’t trade for one especially if they aren’t pulling high margins. If there are only a couple then your bargaining power is depleted because as someone above mentioned , someone will walk in and pay significantly more.