2020 Acura TLX Question

Yes, the MF and RV are correct from Edmunds. The $383 deal guy confirmed to me what they were. He did say a security deposit was required for .00215 otherwise it would be .00225, which I did confirm on Edmunds was true. I tried to say I wanted close to 10% off MSRP before incentives and he didn’t budge. Said they were $1,200 below invoice and wouldn’t go any lower…

And yes, unfortunately, in my general region there seems to be very few 4 cyl tech package models. The one I’m speaking to now is actually the only one of these dealers that has what I’m looking for on their lot. Maybe that is why he is lower than any of the others. The base 4 cyl model seems to be much more common, however, I would lose out on blind spot monitoring, which IMO on a $30k + car is pretty unacceptable, other wise I’d be okay with it.

1 Like

I mean its not a terrible deal considering region, aside from the atrocious MF. its like a 5.xx% apr equivalent.

Yes the MF is horrid, but from what I’ve gathered it almost always is with Acura. The large incentives help, and is the only reason I’m even considering this car.

But honestly my other choices were bad too, if not worse. Hyundai Sonata…brand new model so the numbers are terrible and the Toyota Camry, poor MF and absolutely zero incentives. For as much as they say midsize sedan sales are hurting, the deals out there for them are pretty poor.

FWIW Altimas are leasing pretty well in NJ, not sure if you are into those.

Meh, not really at all. For Nissan I’d only be interested in the Maxima, and those lease pretty poorly as well.

Agreed, however- my sense is that production of mid-size sedans has been “in-check” with declining sales…thus profit per car is sustained.

Have a counter offer now from my local dealer. $380/month with only $694 total out of pocket, and includes all maintenance for the first two years. Seems to be the best I’m probably going to get…we will see.

@StlVDub my “strategy” (which will get criticized “here”) is that once I determine the car I want, I have (2) numbers in my head: lowest monthly payment I want; highest amount I’d agree on paying; if I cannot get to one of those two numbers, I walk away!

For example:

• I wanted to lease a VW Jetta GLI Autobahn (and had two numbers in mind, and yes- willing to “overpay” to get this car)
  • Bottom line, I couldn’t get the lease number down to my “high” amount, thus I walked away
  • When it came to the Acura TLX, this website provided me the guidance that I should be paying (NJ “all in” with no out-of-pocket at signing) around $323/month @ 36 months/12k per year
  • After doing some research (on this website), I saw the same car + terms at $307/month…which I thought was crazy/not possible
  • Bottom line, I would have certainly paid the $323/month if need be, but ended up at $307/month; so yeah- many would “argue” that I’m foolish to “overpay,” but IMO- if you are comfortable with the cost + the car, go for it!

Good luck with your decision, my “ask” would be:

• Try to avoid out-of-pocket, as all you are doing is lowering a monthly payment
  • Make sure you REALLY love this car, b/c for your out-of-pocket + $380/month, there are many other options when it comes to luxury sedans
  • I’m really happy with my decision for my needs + yes, at $307/month

Keep us posted!

Okay, I think I may accept a deal this morning. I got an offer of $375/month on the tech package, 36/12 with only a total of $600 due at signing. Seems to be about the best I am going to get… Thoughts at all?

1 Like

I’d wait and cast a wider net. Maybe even look at some other cars. Are you still on a 4 cyl with tech?

Over $350/mo for a naturally aspirated 4cyl sounds very meh…

I don’t understand the allure of the current generation TLX, but if it’s your dream car and the best offer you’ve received and you’re willing to pay it then pull the trigger.

Personally, I think that’s a lot of money for a FWD naturally aspirated 4-cylinder in a platform that’s been around for almost 15 years now.

Even if the new 330’s don’t come with the same equipment; they can be had for this if not less. (Plenty of brokers)

I agree, casting a wider net is the smart move here, or go for something else.

Seems like you’re sold in the Meh-LX, though.

1 Like

Aligned with others that “you can do better” at $375/month in terms of price or to purchase another non-Acura luxury sedan.

That said, if you are comfortable with the payment, content in terms of not wanting to “shop around” more…go for it!

As stated, I am happy with my 2020 Acura TLX (base), and yes- the fact that I am at $307/month for 36 months/12k is perfect (as I feel that this cost is super low for a car like this)

I have driven quite a few other midsize sedans and I was the most impressed by the TLX. Yes I know its old, but in my opinion it drives and handles great and the 2.4 is plenty adequate for me. Honestly, it feels no slower than my 200hp Elantra Sport. The car feels solid and has everything that I want or need. And to be perfectly honest, I’ve had my fill of turbos and am kind of over them. An Accord similarly-equipped would be more per month more than likely and I honestly just don’t have any desire for a BMW.

Well if that’s your frame of reference…

Pretty much. Now you see why the 2.4 doesn’t bother me at all. I’m in no need of a V6.

1 Like

Did you take the deal?

Not yet. New development now with my local dealer. Out of the blue he emails me and has suddenly acted desperate, saying he’ll do what he can to “keep my business local” and to tell him whatever he needs to do. Just waiting to hear back now. Trying to squeak down a bit lower. We will see.

Aren’t they still about $100 higher than your best offer from another dealer? Do they even have the car in the color combo and with the specs you want?

Good luck.

The offers I had as of yesterday were:

Out of town - $375/month with $600 due at signing
In town - $380/month with $694 due at signing

So the out of town place didn’t beat it by a lot, but just enough for me to deem it worthwhile to pursue them instead.

And neither of these dealers have the car in stock I want. Both would have to locate one, which they both know.