2020 Acura TLX Question

Hey all. Looking to start negotiating soon for a new 2020 Acura TLX. I’m looking for some advice on a good place to start for pricing. 36/15k. Looking at two possibilities…

Base 4 cyl - MSRP: $33,995
MF: .00215, RV: 48%, $7,100 lease incentives

Tech 4 cyl - MSRP: $37,695
MF: .00215, RV: 46%, $8,700 lease incentives

Yes I know the RV is pretty crap, but the high incentives should balance that out. My question is, where should I be looking at on these for a pre-incentive discount? If my mind serves me right, I don’t believe these are selling all that well, so should I be able to get a good chunk off before the incentives? Want to start emailing the dealer, but I want help on where to start. Thanks guys!

I am looking into the same exact car. I was going to ask for 10% off before incentives but would also like to know what others are negotiating before incentives especially since incentives are 7100 bucks which is a pretty big chunk.

This is not relevant to your pre-incentive number. Don’t let a dealer try to tell you it is.

1 Like

Right. Because the dealer gets that $7,100 direct from Acura. So if they only discount it that much…essentially they’re selling it to you for sticker. Which I HIGHLY doubt a TLX goes for sticker price…

So where’s a good starting point then. 10% before incentives? More? Less?

Most of that incentive probably gets eaten up by shitty RV or MF

Maybe but a 35K dollar car leasing for 270 after tax is still pretty slick. 36/12

Sounds fairly reasonable from what I recall from Acuras on here.

Okay, sounds good… My next hurdle is going to be the fact that there is only one local Acura dealer, and they have none in stock of what I’m looking for, so I would assume this is going to have to be a locate. Hopefully I can still negotiate…

Don’t go to just your local dealer.

Okay so we did visit the local dealer today. Wanted my wife to see and drive the car too. Definitely know now that this is what I want. They have an offer, which was obviously at first beyond atrocious (nearly $700/month for a TLX :joy:). Then I supplied my knowledge and they came back with yet another bad offer. Wondering if you guys could help me decode what they’re doing here. I’m pretty sure they have to be jacking up the MF, and the discount before incentives is only 4%, which I’m thinking is pretty terrible for one of these?

Obviously I’m not doing that protection crap for $1,000.

The MF/RV for this car is .00215 & 48%
Lease incentives are $8,700

So help me out, what should be my target here?

At 10% off pre incentive and 8.7K lease cash selling price should be right around 25K, check if you qualify for conquest cash (if available Acura usually does 1K but only on specific models). Personally with that awful money factor and that much lease cash I’d consider buying the lease out as soon as I sign. Either way selling price needs to be 25K or lower and then if available, and you qualify see about conquest.

Unfortunately I dont qualify for loyalty or conquest. I currently have a Hyundai and the wife has a Nissan…neither are “conquests” to Acura.

So you think I should be able to get 10% pre incentives? I’m going to email dealers a bit further away too.

I’m going off previous poster’s comment mentioning 10% pre incentive as their target.

$700 for a TLX.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would have said sure let’s go for it, $700 is a bargain, and as soon as I was about to start the signing I would walk straight the fu☆c out. I rarely go into the showroom for prices. I’ll usually call a dozen dealers to see where they are at with their numbers.
I like how he went from 700+ to 500s

Most that car is worth for lease is mid 300s with maybe DMV and first month DAS

1 Like

Oh I’m right there with you. I nearly started laughing hysterically. But I was like, eh, let’s see what they do when I “correct” them. It’s pretty funny to see their faces when they realize what I know. They even tried to tell me “oh there’s no way the incentives are that high”, then suddenly return with the car discounted $10k instead of $4k. :rofl:

I know in person is never the way to do this, and I honestly had no expectation of getting the car at that time, I just thought I’d entertain it and see what they gave.

That being said…can anyone tell from that sheet what they were adding in there? I plugged all of that into the calculator and came to less than $400, so I’m guessing an inflated MF?

And unfortunately that’s how they stay in business and fund the Christmas party.

I ended up paying $307/month on a base 4-cyl @ 36/12k in NJ (Dec '19). I enjoy driving my TLX, and felt that the lease price was excellent for a car like this. Oh, and zero do at signing!

Just found out their doc fee is $699. Ouch. I have emailed 5 different dealers around and see what they say. I already had one reply, he said he’ll have figures for me tomorrow morning.

I’m looking to get a TLX 2.4L tech at around $350 or so, 36/12k, with nothing down. Thinking I’m now asking too much… looks like the tech package models are few and far between, but dealers seem to be flooded with base models…

I’m looking at the base TLX, Volvo S60 T6 and Genesis G70 2.0. I’m trying to get one under $300/month nothing due at signing. All things considered I think I’d prefer the Genesis, but got nowhere with it. I think the Volvo might be the most plausible and comes the most well equipped. Haven’t started reaching out for the Acura yet, but we’ll see.

Highly unlikely that you’ll get a T6 S60 for under $300 with $0 DAS.

Maybe a stripped T5 loaner.

1 Like