2019 X7 40i- 97K sticker $1130 Lease Proposal.... Thoughts- Worth it or not

Hello,

First, thanks to those of you who will take the time to respond to my post.

Rather than bore you all with how I’ve arrived at potentially choosing this vehicle to lease, since it clearly doesn’t have a lot going for it from a numbers standpoint, let me throw the general lease numbers out at you all.

MSRP: $97,145
Rebates/Discounts: $9,836.75
Adjusted Price: $87,308.25
Doc: $799
Tax: $234.42
Non Tax Fees: $357.88
Balance: $88,699.55

36M/12K per
5K T.O.P
$1151 (tax of 6.5% included)

NO MSD’s

With the above provided to me in writing from my local BMW store they have since called and told me that they could sell me the vehicle for $1130 out the door. However that affects the above provided numbers.

A quick point: While I’m aware the current the MF is .00145 they are providing their calculations based on a MF of .00185

I’ve been following various forums on the X7 for the last few months and continue to read that most, not all, dealers are still holding strong pricing. Aside from the obvious weak Leasehackr score for the vehicle what are your thoughts???

Thanks in advance for your two cents:)

Doc fee is high but it maybe regional
Discount, if stand-alone is decent for this vehicle. What incentives are available?
Shoot for base MF, and ask them to cut that marked up crap. Every 20-basis points inflation eliminate 1% msrp discount.

My discount is based on zero incentives/rebates. I don’t qualify for any that are currently available.

once again, good dealer discount only to kill you on the backend.

To op, use the search function and see what others are paying for their x7’s, should give you some comparison points.

X7’s are starting to collect dust on our lots now. Not uncommon for us to write an 11% off deal at buy rate money factor. Push them to honor .00145 and 11% off and you’ll be good shape on a 40i X7. If it was a 50i you’d be able to go further

6 Likes

Bretbmw, thanks for your input.

From your experience is 15% off msrp on a 50i to aggressive?

You should advertise some X7 deals to move them on here.

Cant get worse than this guy:

Yes, thats too aggressive. Deepest they will go is somewhere between 11-12% here in NJ

Can no longer advertise new BMW deals. Can be done via pm or email, and can advertise any demo loaner lease deal. No new car deals to be advertised on leasehackr anymore - bmw north america shot alot of dealers down

4 Likes

That’s a shame. Guess we will have to do our own homework lol.

I’ll have to see what we’re doing locally on X7 but last I know they were selling fairly briskly. Showroom unit was gone within 10 days as of a month ago.

What state are you in?

Their profile says NJ. Remember though you ordered custom and got invoice in Texas. I don’t see custom orders going below invoice until end of year TBH unless you want to pull a dick move and renegotiate once vehicle arrives.

Was just curious because he mentioned 6.5% tax.

It will be interesting to see July sales figures. The publicly available numbers through June show BMW selling on average about 2,200 x7s a Month and Auto trader shows about 2,500 X7s in stock nationwide. So at least on a nationwide basis inventory doesn’t seem to be excessive. .

Of course this is a very expensive vehicle. At some point when it loses its brand new vehicle demand I wonder how many people are going to pay 1k a month to lease it or 80k to buy it.

Edit - CarGurus shoes 511 X7s that have been on the lot for 100+ days. So at least in certain places it does seem like they aren’t flying off the lot.

How big of a “dick move” is that? :thinking: was thinking about making them kick up their offer on my trade in to seal the deal. How long do they have before they have to start paying inventory tax on vehicles?

Interestingly enough the dealer that I’m dealing with is willing to give me the same discount (10%) on a 2020 that they are providing on the 2019. With that said they telling me that the current published residual (36m/12k) on the 2020 is 55% oppose to 57% on the 2019. In addition to the base lease factor is slightly higher.

Would you like it if they offered you a smaller discount than agreed to once the car arrives? That’s basically the same thing.

2 Likes

I’ll have to confirm but it sure seems a little early to drop the residual already.

Yeah it’s pretty shitty and a surefire way to burn a bridge. I’d only ever renegotiate a custom order if something was left off/vehicle wasn’t as I’d ordered it…