2020 BMW X7 Lease TX

I have been going back and forth in Texas trying to lease a custom ordered X7. Spoke to two dealers in Central Texas that’s gave the same old “these are selling so fast, we won’t discount…” blah blah blah. Ended up getting a 4K discount and .00145MF (with a 660 credit score! That’s the best part!)on a 36/12K 89.9K MSRP. I searched this forum high and dry and except for the one amazing deal on here, I wasn’t finding much info on other people getting discounts. Texas lease horribly due to sales tax, so with 11.5 down, still at a $990 payment, but just wanted to post discount and money factor so others looking in TX have something to go by. Every dealership basically laughed at the mention of tax credits.

Are you saying you put 11,500 down?? Please tell me some of that is MSDs…

1 Like

Oh no. I smell clownery coming

1 Like

No tax credits on X7 right now…and they’re totally right. These things are basically selling off the truck…
If you’ve already signed, enjoy your car. If not, I have a CA in DFW that would do invoice/buy rate MF.

2 Likes

11.5 down is to get loan to value to 90% because of my credit. I haven’t signed but have put deposit of 1K. I got from dealer in Temple. Do you know what the DFW money factor is?

MF is nationwide.

And yikes…so its an LTV thing here…Looks like half your DP is all tax TBH. I think at invoice that could be taken down a peg (not a ton, but every dollar helps.)

Would you consider a demo vehicle if one could be found?

2 Likes

Honestly, I want the X7 I ordered. It’s a beautiful car and I can afford it. Tax on the whole amount kills. I don’t really care about a large deposit because it saves money in the long run on monthly payment and don’t have to pay interest on the less amount monthly. Just wanted to update people what I got in TX because I didn’t see any confirmed posts of X7 deals on here. Getting the .00145MF with a 660 credit score AND a 4K discount was pretty generous I think…

1 Like

The heart wants what the heart wants. Happy motoring, fellow Texan.

1 Like

After the joke of a deal Land Rover offered on a Range Rover for me (that I posted here), this seems like the unicorn of all unicorns to me… haha. Dealer in Austin wouldn’t go below .002 MF and no discount… until I told them what I got in Temple… then all of a sudden they could match it… haha

1 Like

And they have loaner X7’s?? That surprises me…

1 Like

Moreso demos, but yeah: I’ve seen a handful in the wild.

You’re paying half of the cars MSRP over 3 years at $950 + $11.5.

Why not just finance it, or buy it cash if that’s an option?

1 Like

After owning a BMW 2 cars ago, I decided I will NEVER own a BMW out of warranty again. That was a 5 series sedan. I can only imagine what the repairs on an X7 will run once it starts needing ANYTHING done. I also like to switch cars, so leasing is appealing. With a .57RV and tax on the whole price of the vehicle, not sure how you can lease any thing under those parameters and not spend about 50% of vehicle price over the course of a lease…

1 Like

Doable on any BMW with a nice discount and juicy rebates.

This BMW has neither going for it.

I’m assuming the demos aren’t so optioned out. The Moroni leather and Captains chair configuration was a must for me… makes the inside look like a gulfstream jet…

This is overall just a bad deal. It seems you have your heart set exclusively on a custom ordered X7 so you’ll be in this hole, regardless.

Enjoy your car! It is a behemoth of a car.

Yup. BMW will tell you right to your face, that if you want this car you better be ready to pay for it. The Austin dealership was in no hurry to cut me a deal.

Prob could get the extended warranty.

To your second point, that is literally how a leasehackr score is calculated, and imo how deals are evaluated. The score of this deal is prob between 6-7.

This is too interesting not to comment on.

I have a 660 credit score but need a 90k X7 BMW that I want to lease at $1300+ a month. but, i don’t want to buy it cause it costs too much when out of warranty so I’ll pay more than half the overall vehicle value and then have nothing for it. Not to mention lost down payment money if the car is totaled.

You’re right. Seems like you got it all figured out.

13 Likes

I wasn’t posting to brag about any GREAT deal I got… I’m not the type to get a car based on how good the deal is. By that I mean let the deal dictate which car I buy. I believe I found the best deal I could get on the car I want. If you know of anywhere else doing better deals on 2020 X7’s in Texas please share…

1 Like