2019 Porsche Macan $709 a month, 1800 down

I absolutely do.

I’d love a macan S or turbo. As someone mentioned, the original macan was only available in 6 cylinder.

The macan base is expensive to lease and the 4 cylinder leaves a lot to desired.

Combined with a bad to mediocre lease program, the x3m40i and sq5 present far better value.

1 Like

I see a ton of them in So-Cal. Apparently many are ok with paying premium over those seemingly better value. I don’t blame them, if I wanted Porsche crossover, I would not get an sq5 just because it is a “better value”. Hearth wants what it wants!

Not in the case of my lease, but I want to get back into an M car now anyway.

Here’s my (and I assume many others) issue with the base macan. Porsche= performance, not luxury. Base macan might handle slightly better than an sq5, but it’s the same powertrain as a Q5. In terms of luxury, the Audi and Porsche are about on par.

If you compare a base macan to an sq5 (or x3m40i), the only aspect in which the Porsche comes out on top is the badge.

2 Likes

Now explain that to your girlfriend/wife/sister who wants a Porsche SUV (!)

2 Likes

One hundred percent disagree with most of your points, but that’s what opinions are, right?

SQ5 beats the base Macan in straight line performance and engine power.

You make a big assumption- i have an’08 997 C4, also have a ‘15 Audi All Road. Wife wanted an SUV- we drove both the Sq5, and the base Macan (in 2018). The base Macan is a better vehicle in every way over the SQ5, and we got a better deal, for more vehicle.

The PDK transmission is worth the price of entry for the Porsche- and the way i see it- if you are a Porsche purist (i.e. snob) you probably shouldn’t be driving an SUV in the first place. These are not intended to be track cars- and really not meant for jack rabbit speed demons- but you can’t walk into a turbo without spending close to 10k more- for a certain buyer it hits the sweet spot- and it must be so, because Porsche are selling a ton of them.

You can get a good deal on a base Macan- if you know what your doing. Mine was to find the car i wanted (options, color) and hit the dealer hard with my offer - like, I’ll come get it now, and give you a credit car to hold it.

Dealer was about 100 miles away, I’m at $650/month with 2500 down and 12k/year. For a 57k base - nicely optioned.

1 Like

So then you do agree with my points…

I said I disagree with most of them except the one about power. It’s literally the only metric that’s better.

Luxury between the Audi, Porsche and bmw is about a wash.

The bmw and Audi have far better powertrains.

Porsche handles better.

Here’s the big difference:
Sq5 and x3m40i have better lease programs. Both are better values relative to msrp. The above poster got a good deal on a $57k macan, and his effective is $730/month. Look at the lease deals for a $57k x3m40i and sq5 here. They are significantly less.

1 Like

but how can you even compare the base Macan to the sq5? Other than the badge? What’s “better” about the Macan?

I do not. I just referred to someone else’s post. All I am saying is for most people badge is one of the important factors if not the most. Even most of the seasoned hackers would probably pay premium for Z4 over Supra…

what lol? the supra is a legendary name in the car world, the z4 is not.

That has to be hands down literally the stupidest thing I have heard someone on this forum say.

Next your going to tell me people want to drive a boxster over a gtr, because of the brand lol.

I am sure I can debate and win over this but I do not have time. I suggest you to be respectful of others’ opinions before calling them stupid, you will be better off in life.

debate what? you made an extremely crass comment.

What do you want to debate? this supra isn’t really a supra but a z4 clone modeled as a supra, but the point still stands, survey most people and they will say supra, the fast and furious as well as pop culture made the supra an iconic and legendary name, your whole point is based off badge chasing but you made the one example that contradicts that lol.

I suggest you use a good example to articulate your argument next time.

Last point is that no hackr would pay a premium for a badge, I take it back your supra comment wasn’t half as idiotic as that statement.

The whole point of the site is to save money on deals not to pay a premium, hence why people here love bmw over Mercedes.

They just gotta make sure they say their driving a Supra (and not Toyota) over a BMW.

Well that’s the only reason people prefer BMWs over Mercedes…

Couple of years ago people here loved MB as much as they do BMW now, when C class was going for under $300 and E for around $400. In 2017 everyone loved S90 for $300.

1 Like

and an average Joe would say " Supra ? Is this a new brand or what???" :slight_smile:

Plus it’s a tuned Volkswagen 2.0T

1 - the Tiguan has a transverse mounted engine vs longitudal in the Macan
2 - the Tiguan is a part time AWD vs full time Macan
3 - the Tiguan is front-wheel drive most of the time, whereas Macan is mostly rear wheel drive
4 - the gearboxes are totally different - The Tiguan is 6 speed the Macan is a 7 speed PDK
5 - Porsche interior is far more plush and far better quality.

That might have been the most baseless comment ive ever seen @AP2F22. Many cars platform and component share, doesn’t make them just “tuned” versions.

1 Like