2019 Lexus RX 450h Luxury - Good Deal + Help with Calculator

Hi all.

We have settled on an RX 450h for a good middle size between the RAV4/CR-V class and the Highlander/Pilot class (3rd row models are too large per my wife).

We have this offer on the table and I have countered with $56,000. This is a pretty much fully loaded 2019 Lexus RX 450h Luxury package.

Currently $2,500 down, 36 months, 12,000 miles - $2,900 off MSRP (will go to $5,413 off MSRP if they accept my counter) and $1750 lease dealer discounts + the 9 security deposits. This is in Minnesota.

Using the Leasehackr calculator with the image numbers I can’t get it to line up - does that mean I am being ripped off or am I just a dummy with the calculator?

thanks

Don’t put money down on a lease. Not much discount. Offer 10% off before incentives. Try another dealer as well, or use a broker.

3 Likes

Thank you. If I can get them to $56,000 that is 9% off. We will get a quote with no money down and just the security deposits.

Unfortunately, not many Lexus options - they’re both linked here in Minneapolis.

We are going to look at the Jaguar F-Pace, too.

The MF and downpayment are wrong in your calculation.

1 Like

Thanks. $2,500 down and the money factor is listed at .00053 above - I’m trying to match the image. Is that not the right data to put in? Do I add in the $1750 incentive?

EDIT: figured out how to fix the money factor, but not the down payment. $2500 is right but the numbers definitely are not…

Drive-offs is not the same as down payment. I don’t see $2500 in down payment anywhere in the worksheet.

$8,575 customer cash down - $6,075 security deposit = $2,500 down

$8,575 customer cash down + $1,750 Lexus rewards = $10,325 cash at sign/driveoff

I just don’t know how to represent this to line up…

If it was a down payment (CCR), it would be listed at line item 10.

Thanks…numbers still don’t line up with $0 down. He told us it’s $2,500 down.

Here’s $0 down.

Anyway, no big deal. As long as you guys think it’s not a complete rip off if I can get the MSRP down 9%.

As I previously said, drive off is not the same as down payment. Down payment is cap cost reduction.

OK, thank you. Are you willing to please help me understand the numbers, then? He told both my wife and I that it is $2,500 down. I am trying to represent this in the calculator. I am new to leases and I guess somehow not understanding what is in front of me. The irony is Lexus has the most straight-forward lease pricing that I have seen (compared to Toyota and Audi) - but I guess I still have a lot to learn.

I am sorry - just a real noob.

If you’re new and lack the time and know how in relation to leases; kindly just hire a broker and let them work for you. I understand leases, leased my first car with zero down from lexus and max MSD and didnt even consult leasehackr then. Last year when i was looking for a car for the wife i kept getting the run around. Since my time was too valuable to deal with the shenanigans I hired a broker and paid 699 to find my wife’s RX350. There are brokers here who charge way less than I paid. I reached out to one guy here who couldn’t work for me at the time due to geography or something, cant recall exactly. Tried another who is local to Miami and received no response so i hired someone from Cali, not affiliated with this site.

They found me a great deal here in Miami in about a month and for me it was money well spent. In your case, just pay someone to find you a deal, save yourself the headaches and shenanigans that dealers play. I have a degree in Accounting and still had to endure the bs of number manipulation etc. Someone without a good knowledge of leases should not bother to do this on their own when their are experts here who will handle the leg work for a small fee.

1 Like

Go over to this page and ask for the MF and residual for your zip code,

1 Like

So I put it into my leasematic calculator and it matches up within $5/mo. Sometimes the calculator on here is hard to match up, especially with upfront taxes, msd’s etc. Definitely aim for 10% off and double check the MF,

1 Like

Thank you all. I could not find a broker within MN via cursory Google searches. I would be happy to pay for one. Do you guys know of one in MN?

I went to Edmonds and asked for that info.

Thanks again.

As someone who does many lexus deals all over the country seems like you did just fine. I just did a lexus deal in your neck of the woods and the selling price you got is great so i would now just go get it! The numbets are what they are. BUT DON’T put any monies in the drive off except the MSDs. If you want you can come up with the 1st month, dmv and fees if you want but that’s it!
Congrsts in advance!

5% off MSRP is great? No way.

3 Likes

From that Edmonds link -

.00095 and 59%
$1750 lease cash

Dealer is giving me .00125 MF - the other two numbers line up.

What’s a good play for the MF negotiation? Ask for .001?

I’ve already asked for a 9% off MSRP discount - so I’ll add that in as well.

Thanks again all.

No, i must have read the thread wrong, i thought he said he ended up getting 10% off. My bad.

Latest offer - counter to my asking for 9% off MSRP and .001 MF. I also had him change it to $0 money down.

I countered this offer by asking if he can meet my request (9% off MSRP, .001 MF) - told him we are going to Jaguar to check out the F-Pace tomorrow (which we really are doing). I think I am being reasonable. I think he thinks my wife has to have the car, she doesn’t. She hates change, lol.