2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid $120pm & $2,300 DAS

BonusDrive check for $500 was approved yesterday, 5 days after I submitted for it. Literally takes 5 minutes to submit the required info. Check to arrive in 8-10 weeks.

I laugh every time because has anyone in history paid more than $25,000 for a compact economy car? I know I looked at a LTD with all the bells and whistles (just to compare to other economy cars that offered leather).

Its a hybrid Accent hatchback basically. I bought an accent cash with 18K miles for $7,500 four years ago. When they rebate cars so heavily they tank values. I think Honda seems to be the only one that understands that (and possibly Civics lease poorly)

OP that is a hell of a deal but even on the base model they are $220 + before rolling anything in. You scored hard. I can actually lease an Acura ILX A-Spec better than we can lease an Ioniq of any flavor here in Ohio.

Rebates & all came to $5043. It leases worse than about everything. It’s closest competition of any popularity may be a Civic, which also loses to an Acura ILX here.

Not sure what the world has come to where a Hyundai is consistently more expensive than Honda and Acura.

I am unsure what you are contributing to the conversation.

1 Like

I saw on their website a lease deal for $178 w/ $2199 down. Do you think they would replicate that $199 deal to someone else?

Looks like numbers are the same for March for Massachusetts.

Base model 36/10
.00146 MF and 48% residual
$9043 lease cash (MA)

This was there on the Hyundai website in February as well, but I wonder which markets qualify:

“$1,000 Lease Bonus Cash - Ioniq PHEV rebate available on all 2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plugin Hybrid purchased from participating markets. Must purchase from dealer stock between 2/4/2020 and 3/31/2020. See participating dealer for details. Offer ends 3/31/2020.”

Ioniq was dead when I went to drive it yesterday. Towed to dealer and they claim it was a run-down 12v. They jumped it and claim its all good. I’m concerned since that makes no sense to me.

Anyhoo, just looking at options and Carvana now says they’ll buy it for $18,154. So it went up for whatever reason. My buyout with tax is $17,400, so I THINK carvana could get it for $16,400, roughly. $1750 profit, plus the $500 check that is still on its way. Hmmmmmmm

2 Likes

I’ve heard this happening to new Ioniqs. I do get an occasional message that 12v battery was auto charged.

well, be prepared to go to your car one day and find it won’t so much as unlock.

I have a booster pack, but that definitely sucks. Do you plug it in occasionally or drive it in hybrid mode only?

It is always plugged in at home. It was plugged in when this happened. Honestly just confounds me how this is possible in this day and age.

Did you know that, on the non-plug-in hybrid version, the engineers recognized this problem and actually put a button on the dash that the owner can press to transfer power from the drive battery to the starter battery to get the car going? Wow! Guess that was cheaper than figuring out the problem, huh? Crazy.

And, of course, that presents other questions such as why they didn’t do it on the plug-in or why the heck the car is unable to do this automatically.

1 Like

Are you referring to the Plug-In? I almost never charge it. Hope it doesn’t have to be charged every once in awhile. Never experienced something like that

I was talking about the plug-in, however, forums are buzzing about hybrid and EV 12v batteries dying as well. Odd thing is that EV does not even have a dedicated 12v battery, I believe. It seems many are being replaced under warranty.

Mine has an insurance tracker plugged in, yet it still has not died.

I would be very surprised if it doesn’t. All evs do have the 12V.

I may have been mistaking. The hybrid’s 12v battery is integrated into the main battery, and if it runs too low to start the car, there is a reset button qbrosen was talking about to Jumpstart using the main battery. EVs and plug-ins don’t have this option and our battery is not integrated, which is also odd.

It’s too much stuff to change to power up all the dash and lights from the main battery…the cost is the main reason why all (Tesla included) still carry the 12V.

Yet they did it on the hybrid models.

True but what they did was separate the main battery and create a partition with 12V capacity…so technically it still has a 12v just not a traditional one…so they did not have to change the dash electronics.

Is this what you guys are referring to? I never saw this message before