2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid $120pm & $2,300 DAS

I’m not positive, but I believe so. Or at least something similar.

No, this just a basic warning when you sit in your car too long without engine running. I get this on occasion, when I start my car in the morning:

Well that is some interesting information! So, according to that page you posted, my 12v should never have died. Guess I’ll have to see if I can find that setting and make sure it is on.

1 Like

It would explain why it died. However, it does not explain why turning off the automatic charging is even an option. Under what circumstance would you want your 12v battery to die? :grin:

1 Like

We talked about it, so it happened again. LOL. Just went out to drive car for first time in a couple of days and the “aux battery saver was used while parked” message came on. So it is on in my settings. Which still brings me back to “a dead battery never should have happened.” I’m now concerned about getting stranded after turning off the car away from home.

Carvana offer improved to $18,321. :laughing:

Mine too. Thinking of actually taking advantage of it. But can’t figure what to do next.

The message happened or the dead car happened?

tacos lol :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco:

Been there, done that😀

Bolt??? :zap: :zap: or if you feel like to go on an adventure go for a FCA product lol

1 Like

No dead car yet, but I feel it is inevitable. Told wife I’m taking carvana offer. Gotta think on what is next. I will sorely miss the Ioniq’s fuel mileage

That message pops up for me on almost every start because I almost never drive in ICE mode, so the 12v battery doesn’t get charged from alternator. I think it’s working as designed so far.

1 Like

Can’t do Bolt - fully electric and I live in the building without infrastructure to charge it at night.

Another thought is the dealer may have turned it back on when you took it in, especially if prior to this you never had the “battery saver +” message.

Nope. I got that same message a couple of days before I found the car dead. Thought nothing of it at the time.

I think I’m going down with the ship, you never know when you’ll need an EV, even 27 miles worth. They are talking about oil prices dropping to nothing and thus I’m thinking many oil companies going out of biz.

I don’t know what to tell you here…other that if you think that because you run on ev is the reason the 12v battery gets discharged you are probably wrong. My take…this is a defect that affects a small number of cars since not many talk about it. Something drains the battery.
My wife runs her Clarity phev on ev exclusively and 1.5 years (15k miles) later the 12v battery is still fine. The car will cycle on gas from time to time but not too often.

1 Like

You don’t have to tell me anything, since as of now I haven’t had any issues.

Since I’m for now WFH, I’m going to try to sell my car via Vroom while I still can.
They offered $18,500.
I accepted this morning. Submitted all necessary docs (pics of DL, ODO, Registration)

Received full doc few hours later including my payoff which is $14,8xx.
Signed their paperwork.
Awaiting next steps.

Looks like after all set and done, if this deal goes through I’ll make $1,600 on the car counting BonusDrive check.

4 Likes