2019 Dodge Challenger SXT @ $149 per month @ Huntington Beach Dodge / Ram (Did I read it wrong?)

to be honest this might be one of the best vehicles for a new driver imo as well, not very powerful for its size and weight, large and spacious, very comfortable and easy to drive but still has enough kick to accelerate when merging and on on-ramps.

My insurance company doesn’t seem to think so :joy:. They just gave me a quote of 310/month. That’s more than double what I pay for my G37. Muscle car + male in 20’s + speeding ticket (70 in a 65!!) = no bueno.

1 Like

Yeah you will have to do some research and wait maybe 6 months to see what your pay off amount is vs current market offer from Vroom/Carvana.

At $161/month, I would assume a lease transfer is appealing to others if the bank/FCA offers that option.

Lesson to be learned here: Don’t just pay traffic tickets. Lawyer up and plea down to non-moving w/no points. Honestly i’d be more annoyed to get pulled over for 5 over than I would for 25 over.

6 Likes

Often, you don’t even need a lawyer to plead down, unless you were doing something egregious or this is your second ticket in a week.:grin:

Lesson learned. It’ll fall off soon here anyways.

But 5 over… on an empty freeway… on Easter Sunday nonetheless.

what state are you in? In NY I plead down a couple of speeding tickets myself. First was down to non-moving. Second was from over 20 mph to 5 mph, which DA said he knows the judge and he will agree to a non-moving. I should have said let’s try and see and if he doesn’t l will comeback and plea to a 5 mph over, but I was too young then. In any case, the 5 mph over never showed up on my insurance record.

Contacted them and they said they will only discuss this deal in person. Lmao. Most likely some sort of scam.

Yup, that’s a typical scam. I hate CJDR dealers with a passion. I’ve never had a good experience at one, not even after I bought a car from them. They’re all scummy, at least in the Tri-State area. It’s a shame, because I like their cars (assuming I get one that’s not a lemon next time).

Kia and Hyundai dealers really suck, but I would rather deal with them TBH.

2 Likes

The deals on the Dodge website calculator (i.e., Chrysler Capital) are no good, but interestingly enough, they advertise an Ally lease for $99/month and $4,249 due at signing.

Looks like using IDL cash with a non-captive is the way to go.

From what I can tell from this dealer’s website, the followable incentives are applicable to leases (Type Sale L or E):

IDL Bonus Cash (CALKA): $3,250
Bonus Cash (CACKA): $3,000
California LA/Palms Springs Bonus Cash (CACKK): $1,000
Lease Cash (71LK1): $250

From reverse calculating the OP’s lease contract, looks like MF is .00225.

Edit: And here’s his deal on the LH Calculator. Requires 13% off MSRP before incentives:

3 Likes

Intelligent9

1d

Yes it was HB Dodge ask for Teo.

On July 12, 2019 www.dealerrater.com they literally list TEO as being one of the con artists who works there and tricks you with a $2800 BS dealer paint fee or not doing this deal: Huntington Beach Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM - Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Service Center - Dealership Ratings

Intelligent9 aka MOE works at this dealership. He’s just trying to drum up business for this shady ass dealership

2 Likes

@michael If Intelligent9 is really Moe Azad, he really deserves to be banned for trying to push their scams on here.

https://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram.com/staff/newcars.htm

3 Likes

How do you know ? Or is it just a guess?

1 Like

I’m so excited by the drama that can be created on a car leasing forum :popcorn:

3 Likes

this right here, could be a netflix doc-series…

3 Likes

I inquired about the specific requirements to achieve that deal and was told

“ That lease offer is still available. So there’s 5 different tiers, they slightly go higher in pricing, based off of your credit is what your monthly payment would look like. Unfortunately it is company policy to not do deals over the phone/email, so the next step for us would be for you to come in so I can assist you with getting the best offer possible.”

I get they want you to come in but “company policy” to not discuss anything further? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Since he got caught, it looks like he was… unintelligent9 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Im not too far away from the dealership. Tbh I’m pretty curious so I’ll be the guinea pig tomorrow and try and squeeze in after work and tell everyone what happens.

8 Likes

Drama aside, here’s a separate thread to discuss Challenger deals and incentives:

The underlying programs look solid, so a good deal could be had regardless of dealer.