2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum - MSRP 61k

The 2018 looks awesome. Good luck with your search!

Ouch! XC 90 drags Volvo’s CR reliability ranking down four spots, now fifth worst in industry!

“XC90, which ranks as the third least reliable model among new vehicles. The problem rate for the XC90’s infotainment was the worst in CR’s Survey at 21 percent ‒ nearly as high as Ford/Lincoln’s MyTouch system when it debuted.”

CR is still relevant? Who pays and reads them?

2 Likes

Lost faith in them a long time ago when they kept trumpeting Honda and Toyota being bulletproof, yet had many friends and family members replacing Honda transmissions and having oil sludge issues in Toyotas.

1 Like

It was a bible for housewives about 25-30 years ago :slightly_smiling_face:
P.S. Admittedly, I read it too, for the lack of alternatives.

Did you ever figure out what was rolled in to bump the price up? Do you mind posting details? I’m hoping to lock down our deal today. We are close to your numbers after tax, but curious if we can get down to what it would have been before whatever it was got rolled in. Thanks!

I ended up leasing a T6 momentum yesterday with MSRP of $60,490. Payment of $622 a month with tax of 7.75%. I think what was rolled in for the deal originally posted here was the first months payment. We ended up getting it for nothing down after trading in our lease on a 2015 Honda Pilot EX with 39K miles on it. Our payoff on the other lease was just under 20k and they gave us 22,500 for the trade. It took some negotiation with multiple dealers, but this price is achievable with the current $3000 incentives. I know the $2500 equity in the trade is more than the $1500 paid in the current post and our msrp was a bit less, but we didn’t have the $750 Costco cash and I felt like for a trade in to a dealer we got a pretty good price. Also we put zero down on the trade in. Thanks for posting your deal. It gave me a starting point.

On another note, if anyone is in the market for a volvo in so cal, I had the best experience I have ever had at a dealer with Mission Viejo Volvo. We worked out all numbers over email. I walked in and showed them the trade. I was sure there was going to be some back and forth over the trade in value, but they honored everything we discussed online. The car was even washed an ready to go. Less than an hour and a half at the dealer. I will post the deal in a separate thread later with all the fees for anyone else shopping.

Thanks everyone.

No surprise here. Your $2,500 equity = $75/mo that they did not give you off the selling price.

1 Like

Yea. Adding the trade makes things a bit messy. KBB site gave me a quote for $21k instant purchase. Im pretty happy with the $22500 since I didn’t put anything down on that lease. and couldn’t have sold the lease private party(Honda website says they only allow you to purchase it or sell to a dealer).

It’s always a good idea to negotiate separately. First nail down numbers or the new car, then talk about trade-in.

Hi,

Sorry I didn’t respond earlier. Congrats on the new car. Share pics if you can!

Any good leases on xc90 now? I am in San Diego.

Thoughts on these numbers:
2018 XC90 T6 Momentum (M+, Convenience, B&W, protection, 20" wheels)
MSRP: 64,300 (Vehicle cost 61,145.99 what’s this?)
Selling price (including Holiday cash and A-Plan): 54,683
Residual: 57%
Acquisition fees: 995
Fees and insurance: 80
Total Cap cost: 55,758.02
Term: 39/10
rate: 0.00085 (after max msd)
Due at signing: 7,369 (no down, including msds)

Monthly payment (including tax): 622.48

I know the acquisition fee is marked up, but is there any room for anything else?

I think the residual values and money factors are different depending on trim level, so you’ll need to include that info. T5 FWD R-Design, T6 Inscription, T5 AWD Momentum, etc.

edited the post… 20 characters

I think that’s a great discount and price

I don’t know how Volvo MSDs work but the standard MF should be 00113. Given the RV I think you did pretty well. This model doesn’t have the crazy incentives that the S90 had/has.

is that MF for December?

Sorry, that was last month. It’s 130 now.

Wow, fantastic. We are looking for a similar deal. Think we can pull it off?, we are in SoCal, any way you can let us know who the dealer is and or maybe contact?

Thanks.

We were about to pull trigger on qx60, but decided we wanted the Volvo XC90.