2018 Volvo S90 T6 AWD MOM

this is indeed the best way. although I’ve proven to be awful at this.

Hello All!

Newbie here and looking for a new car for my wife. We just moved to NC and she needs a nice little upgrade!

I feel like I am getting screwed somewhere. Dealer is going to confirm if I am getting the A-Plan Elite via Truecar of extra $3,000 so it doesn’t include in this price. I feel like they are just selling me the car at MSRP since all the incentives are kicking in. I am getting 13K off right now with Plan A pricing, HSE, and lease cash bonus. Thoughts?

P.S. I am currently leasing a Lexus so don’t know which region has the extra $2,000 conquest cash.

MSRP: $60,115.00
Lease Price: $47,973.00
Residual: $30,658.65
Term: 36 Months
Money Factor: 0.00080
Due at Start: $1,158.98

Monthly Payment: $589.00

which region has the conquest?

Looks like typical NC dealer pricing - crap (<6% discount). S90 conquest/pull ahead is paying up to 6 of your competitor lease payments. There have been different reports as to whether its only honored if you have 6 or fewer payments or if they will give it to you no matter how many months you have left. Page isn’t currently pulling up on Volvo website.

You should target 10-12% off MSRP before incentives (6% is standard A-plan offer).

So I should tell them from MSRP I want 6% off then kick in the Plan-A pricing and incentives.

No, reach out to a few dealers (don’t be afraid to go out of state). Ask them for their best price before any incentives are applied. This is the only price that matters and it eliminates the confusion where dealer A is applying loyalty and Dealer B is not, but its not clear to you. In the end, all of the incentives will be the same.

From a strategy perspective, you might want to tell them your goal for a discount to weed out dealers who won’t/can’t play, but that may shut them down before things get started. I wouldn’t mention A-plan from the start as some dealers just shut it down and say they can only do 6% off on A-plan. I have had zero success getting good pricing from the Triangle Volvo dealers. Fayetteville and Charlotte dealers have given better pricing. @Krawlings got a steal of a deal at Volvo Winston Salem (but we think they made a mistake on his deal). In the end, the key to getting a great price (if you dont want to hire a broker) is to have competition. Good luck to you.

1 Like

Thank you!

I am going to NJ this weekend so will reach out to few dealers prior there and drive back. I think the 24Months/10K has a strong residual vs the 36 months.

See what @nyclife can do for you in NJ for $400. Well worth to give him a shot.

1 Like

If you are going to be in NJ, you should reach out to broker @nyclife who is the king of Volvo deals in the Tristate area. There are quite a few S90 threads in the last couple of months where he was brokering 60K T6 S90s for the low to mid 300’s.

Ursus beat me by a minute :wink:

1 Like

yes! I sent him an e-mail at 2AM last night so will wait for that.

Can I ask what people are getting for deals without MSDs? I live in NY and thought I got a good deal a couple months ago for $535/ month, only $300 down out the door for a $61k MSRP, (36/10k) T6 Momentum with only A Plan. Now I feel like I got hosed with people getting sub $400 leases? MSDs aren’t allowed in NY, so interested what people are getting without MSDs.

I found 30 months to be slightly better than the 24 month term with 10k and 12k miles. Not sure how it all balances out with 7.5k miles.

Review several of the S90 threads to get an idea of the pricing, if you want. [However, since your deal is already signed, I would strongly recommend against it. What another person can get the vehicle for today doesn’t really matter and the buyer’s remorse may burn you up inside. The S90 deals didn’t really start getting amazing until Aug-Sep].

1 Like

I haven’t signed anything yet as I knew something was off on the pricing so I posted here. I will wait for Quin to e-mail me back to maybe speed up the process. I called a dealer in NJ (Prestige Volvo) and told them the number I want to be at, they laughed and hung up.

They don’t even know it’s possible until you show them how to get to these payments.

1 Like

Anyone have any updates on A-Plan Pricing from VCOA? They had switched it to a requirement that you be a member for at least 3 months before you can participate, and now it reads as follows:

“ATTENTION: A-PLAN has been temporarily suspended due to unforeseen user violations. We are working on restoring as soon as possible - sorry for the inconvenience.”

@cheapdad00 duly noted, and agree on the burn but I can’t be mad because I love the car. Only complaint is the screen is a little delayed starting up now that we are having sub 30 degree weather, and the app can be a little slow with remote start. My thought process was I believe people are factoring in conquest and wanted to just see if anyone had a recent non MSD, non conquest deal to share. Congrats to all getting sub 400, before this site I started by getting a 700+ payment on a 2017, and due to the help of this site I got a 2018 for 200 less a month.

I think I will be working with @nyclife to get this done. Too frustrated lol

You’ll need to bribe him to take you on as a client :slight_smile:

Pretty sure the $400 fee will be well worth it lol.