2018 Volvo S90 MF & RV - POSTED

A-Plan is absolutely available. Base MF is .00088 so 10 MSDs would lower it to .00038.

How do the inceptions break out?

Assuming $6750 in rebates are included in the sale price, he isn’t giving you much discount at all.

Dealers numbers lower look spot on, calculations-wise.

From your posting, sounds like you don’t really understand MSDs. If base MF is .00088, 10 MSDs for Volvo would bring it down to .00038. A monthly of $494 would result in $5000 in MSDs. Not sure how you are getting $2365.

1 Like

Thanks – I understand MFs. I based the $2,365 assuming the real monthly should be closer to the $250-275/month range (and not his bogus $494, which he’s probably getting to because of this $3,500 in “Inception” fees…but in his defense, it’s not including the A-Plan yet (which he said may not be available haha)).

I don’t see how you will get to $250-$275 a month. Can you show us or link us to the LH calculator with your numbers?

Sure, in this one, I’m actually getting $248 a month – please let me know if I’m miscalculating anything here.

Thanks!

Ian

I dropped in 10% off pre discounts, $3k off for A-Plan, and then the $6,750 of Volvo rebates (maybe they’re all not available in the northeast which would explain the huge discrepancy).

You’re not getting 10% off before incentives. The volvo deals from the past few months are not happening again.

@cheapdad00 got 12% off a few days ago, but I do acknowledge it was back at end of 2017, so dealers may not be as aggressive now.

That likely included incentives before A-Plan.

For those of you who asked what went into the $3,500 of Inception fees, just hear back from dealer:

$1200 Tax
$995 Acquisition fee
DMV $401
DOC $386.75
1st Payment $494

Looks like they marked up the acquisition fee.

A few things:
(1) You may not be able to achieve a 10% discount at this point.

(2) Make sure you know what incentives are available for your area. They made them regional this month. For instance, Seattle has $6750 in incentives but places in the northeast only have $3000. This matters significantly.

(3) I’d recommend capping the acquisition fee and not paying it upfront, but that is just me.

You previously stated you were at $2365 all in including MSDs. Even your calculation shows MSDs alone is $2500 and drive-off is an additional $1500+. Correcting the MF to .00088 pushes up the payment and MSD even higher.

So you’re saying I should move to the Pacific Northwest…

Haha

Thanks again — maybe decent incentives will come back to the northeast soon.

I believe NJ/NY/PA (in most regions at least) is $6250 (3750+2500).

And there were people getting 10% or more off before rebates. If people can still get those discounts before rebates, there could be some amazing deals this month provided you are in an area with the better incentives.

Sick. So if I can get the $57k car, down to $51ish, and then take off another $6,250 for rebates (in NJ), and then $3k or so for A-Plan, I think i’d be in good shape if these guys work with me. Does anyone have any link or post showing regional offers (the Volvo website didn’t show much last time I checked).

The 9k down is approximately 6k (10% discount) plus 3k a plan.

Just emailed – trying to get $57k down to $51k pre incentives, and then $3,750 for Volvo Allowance, $2,500 for Lease Cash, and $3,000 for A-Plan? Should get down to $41,750. With 65% RV and lowered MF due to 10 MSDs, should be a pretty sweet monthly.

It didn’t include incentives. @cheapdad00 got 12% off before incentives on a 2018. I got 13.5% off before incentives on a 2017.

The reason all of those deals from Oct / Nov worked is because of the $4500 pull ahead. Now that it’s gone, those deals no longer work mathematically. All of these cars wind up in the mid to high $400s.