2018 Toyota Tacoma SR $259 36/12

This is a great tool, thanks for sharing!

Is there any SoCal Toyota dealers that lease through credit unions?

@CardShark Not yet. We are getting very close with a big one that will is expected to start originating in February. Iā€™ll make an announcement on the forums here so people can start shopping this CU against the captives.

@anon46843959 The TRD Sport has the offroading appearance stuff while the TRD Off Road has the functional stuff for actual off roading. Here is a good outline of the true differences: http://www.trucktrend.com/features/1608-2016-toyota-tacoma-trd-off-road-vs-sport/

Iā€™d suggest getting the Off Road version if you expect to take your truck off roading or have any desire to lease your truck and intend on buying it at the end. Youā€™ll end up with more equity than if you go with the TRD Sport. Plus, the TRD Off Road will be worth a few hundred more than the Sport.

1 Like

So if I do 2 years, I can probably achieve 81% RV?

Was weird for me for the Tacoma. The 2 year residual was actually LOWER than the 3 yearā€¦

2 year residuals are high if you go through Toyota Financial Services. Per Edmunds forum TRD Off-road MT has a 84% residual for 24/12. For credit union leases, 39 month is the sweet spot.

Ahh okay. In the Southeast, there is not TFS apparently accordingly to Edmunds. I wonder what the rates are here in NC for the TRD

@moodyhank Yes, 39mo is our target program through the end of February. Then it switches back to 36mo.

Toyota Financial Services operates nationwide, I gurantee you that you can lease it through them. Edmunds moderators just donā€™t have the southeast numbers from them but that doesnā€™t mean TFS donā€™t lease cars in that regionā€¦

Do you know if the credit unions accept MSDs to lower the base money factor?

Ohhh. I might stop by Toyota this weekend to just test drive one to see if I even like it.

@anon46843959 @moodyhank

TFS does not operate in all 50 states.
South East Toyota (World Omni) is the lender in FL, AL, GA, SC, NC.
Gulf States Toyota operates in OK, TX, AR, MS, LA but they use TFS RVs.

Credit unions do not accept MSDs to reduce MFs.

Any CUs working with Toyota in the PNW?

So technically it is still ā€œToyotaā€ just not TFS.

@28firefighter Nothing in the PCW from the CUs unfortunately.

@anon46843959 Technically, yes. You only have one Toyota ā€œcaptiveā€ to choose wherever you live.

Naturallyā€¦:man_facepalming:

@RVguy any credit unions in PA that will underwrite a Tacoma lease? Trying to help a buddy lease a Tacoma and so far the best deal anyone will provide is through Ally, RV is 88% but MF is .0330. Payments have ranged from $330-$347 on a 36/10 lease and dealers donā€™t discount much on Tacomas.

He engaged a dealer in Columbus that is contracted through US Bank so assuming no CU in PA can help itā€™s probable heā€™ll end up going with a dealer in Ohio.

1 Like

I hope you mean .003

Sounds great! Will stop by Toyota this weekend and drive them to see.

Unfortunately thatā€™s no typo, itā€™s close to 8% interest. Thatā€™s where Ally is making their money.