2018 Toyota Tacoma SR $259 36/12

So if I can convince the CU that TRD should have a better RV, should come out with a good deal then!

I might stop by Toyota this week to first test drive the 4Runner.

How do you plan to do that? They pay people like @RVguy a lot of money to come up with those RVs.

65% vs 81% is a big difference though? Sure a CU can have some middle ground

The residual values are set for a period of 2 months. They won’t change them for anyone.

A TRD package is an off road package meaning the car will take more of a beating via off roading etc… that’s why the value is lower.

@anon46843959
The CU doesn’t set the RVs. CULA does. The TRD Pro has a much higher MSRP and that price premium doesn’t hold up at auction when it is a 3yo vehicle with the same high RV % so from a risk perspective, it has to have a lower RV%.

Where can the MFs be found for the CULA credit unions? Do you have to call them and ask about the program?

ohhhh! ahah worth a try i guess… i will keep this in mind. I don’t plan on off roading lol

CULA website doesn’t show the rates but the dealer has been sharing the information with me.

Yes but for some trim levels (especially in 24 month term) Toyota Financial Services have higher residuals making up for the money factor differences. Plus, TFS allows MSDs. Just as an example Tacoma TRD Offroad MT has 84% residual for 24/12 with 0.00225 MF (0.00153 with max MSDs) through TFS whereas the credit union has 78% with 0.0015 MF.

I think the base MF for the Tacoma we got was .00123. I think it’s the same for every vehicle. At least for every CULA lease the rate has been the same no matter the vehicle.

I could be wrong tho.

Also keep in mind Toyota Financial doesn’t include GAP insurance,(almost every other brand does)

So with the credit union GAP is included which is a saving.

1 Like

Awesome deal congrats! Do you mind going through a step by step or sharing emails you sent? Do you just ask first thing if they work with a credit union or do you get the selling price negotiated, then the lease, etc

I was looking to get something for 24 months anyways. I really like the TRD Pro. Maybe I can squeeze one out for $400 a month in summer time? Does Toyota lease Demo models?

TRD Sport or TRD Offroad is doable, TRD Pro is very doubtful.

What are the true difference between Sport/offroad vs pro? Just aesthetics ?

If I recall TRD SPort has higher residual than TRD off-road

The residual was so high that I didn’t even negotiate selling price before coming in.

I basically just went to CULA website and inputted the numbers myself using .00123 money factor which one dealer told me what was the rate for bellco. For selling price, I just went off of internet pricing (there was more money to be discounted but I didn’t bother asking because the dealers don’t like using credit unions as is already)

Once I had my math done I then called them over the phone and told them I was pre approved through Bellco(which we weren’t but our credit is high so we knew we would get approved) and asked if they worked with bellco. Then I told them to run the deal through bellco and call me back with the numbers.

Once the numbers were close to my math than I said I would come in and at that point I could negotiate the deal a little further.

This deal in particular I didn’t beat them up too much as it was already a good deal from the start.

Is there any sort of acquisition fee for the truck with the credit union?

I was told it was $795 for Bellco

Ya I believe 795…

Here is the website the dealers use. Just plug and play

http://residuals.cula.com/vehicleresidualcalculator/consumer-lease.aspx

1 Like