2018 Toyota Tacoma SR $259 36/12

Just inked this deal for my dad. Ran it through a credit union with a resiudal of 81%!

They discounted the sale price more and raised the rate because they said they prefer to do that which was okay with me after I ran the numbers and it actually saved me some money.

There was a stupid $399 theft package they install on all cars which we could have beat them up to get rid of but we said whatever it’s still a good payment.

Overall I think it’s a pretty solid deal for a Toyota truck and the dealers said most people that run it through Toyota are in the 4s for a payment. The credit union residual was insanely high which ultimately made this deal.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2018 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab SR]

MSRP: [$33,387]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [12,000]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$259]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$259]

Zip Code: [80241]
Sales Tax Rate: [8.5%]

1 Like

well below 1% rule…great deal… congrats.

1 Like

How do you run lease through credit union? Not sure if PenFed does that.

1 Like

Just ask your dealer if they work with them. Many dealers don’t like to run it thru then because they “techincally” can’t mark up the rate

Bellco credit union in Colorado also runs some specials. Just today I negotiated a 4Runner SR5 deal for my brother for $319 (including tax and fees rolled in) with only first month’s payment due at signing. MSRP is over $37k and the residual at 73% for 36/10 and MF is 0.0015 which are significantly better than Toyota Financial Services’ terms.

2 Likes

Great deal!..

What dealer

interested in this as well,

can you post MSRP Selling Price - looking for something simila r?

MSRP: 37,374
Selling Price: 33,774 (no dealer handling fee)
Acquisition Fee: 795
Sales Tax: 7.96%

Mountain State but I’ve started negotiating with this deal being advertised by Boulder Toyota:

https://www.bouldertoyota.com/new/toyota-4runner-boulder-co.htm#disclaimer

Really good deal. I think TFS doesn’t work in Southeast region.

Can you give more info on this? Looking at TRD 4 Runner or Tacoma

Ahh mountain states is the worst. I drove an extra 45 min just so I wouldn’t have to go there.

Glad you got a deal done there though. Better luck with them than I have had in the past.

I think I have already written the price and lease terms through Bellco (see above). One word of caution though my brother actually wants the Limited 4Runner but the 36/10 residual is 65% on that trim while SR5 has 73%. So I don’t know what the TRD residual is but chances are it will be less than 73% since it is a more expensive trim than the SR5…

Mountain State was very responsive and honest through email so great negotiating experience but we haven’t signed the deal yet since my brother really wants the Limited but the lease on that trim is not as good of a value as the SR5…

In terms of residual I believe it goes SR>SR5>Limited>TRD

81% residual for 36/12 is insane.
Great deal enjoy the car!

1 Like

8% is quite a difference. The dealer might knock down some sale price on the car but with Bellco leases they usually aren’t too motivated to do so.

But if he wants the limited, i guess it is what it is and he will just have to pay more…

Have you ran the numbers on the CULA website to see the difference?

Bellco is a CULA Credit Union. So are all the other CUs in CO that lease.

Ahh makes sense. MF on the 4Runner is terrible… I assume credit union have better rates?

Correct.

For Toyota’s in particular here the credit unions have a better rate and a better residual