2018 Lexus Gx460 Premium Lease without MSD

Wait what ? They said No to lowering from the $1539 or are they not even agreeing to that and want to add another $800 for plates etc.

Sounds to me like they’re adding all those fees plus the first month payment.

Yes they are. Sadly not much choice.
The only other choice I see for tomorrow is the Highlander running there 0% purchase in 60 months in MN. Discount on MSRP is 7%.
I was stuck on GX because Highlander had even worse lease offers.

Your negotiation is off. There is too much back and forth. You should e-mail all the Toyota dealers near you with a specific car and a specific aggressive but realistic deal.
“I am interested in stock number XXXX. MSRP XXXX, Sales price XXXX, MF xx, RV xx, drive off XX” Someone would hopefully bite.

How are the dealer adding those fees? You asked @NZahid earlier and he even said the $1539 was a down payment, not drive-off amount.

@JamesBond - Yes this was suggested to me on the lease as well i.e. email multiple dealers. I did exactly how you outlined. Got two responses. One with 7% discounts and another with 9%.

I think I am just gonna have to live with 9% - if I go for it. Luckily 0% APR deal from Toyota is also going on.

@Jon - there point was $1539 was down which I went back with a 0 down. They didnt budge. Additionally there quote said includes tax on the payment. They conveniently left out registration, doc fees etc.

Guys, bear with me for one last day. I applied all I learnt, made a few early mistakes that set me back a bit.
What it comes down to is that you all contributed in making me bring the deal down to where it stands. It might not be the greatest, partially due to dealers out here(same people owns both Lexus dealerships) and in part my errors.

Highlander might be the wiser choice. Buy it drive it for a 5 years and sell it and probably not lose a lot. 0% APR avaiable this week etc etc. My wife who will drive it doesn’t care either way.

But truth be told i just really really wanted the GX 460. Yes the CA dealers are offering better deals. But if i factor in the drive back hassle and then me having to rent a car here for her this week. Might not save me a ton even though I am going there on Tuesday.

So one final advice from all…if I still get sucked into the feeling to go to Lexus… any last minute advise for tomorrow? How do I even approach it when I said to them no it doesn’t work!!

Hopefully I have some advise before I head out tomorrow morning.

I don’t think you understand down payment vs drive-offs. What is their final offer on the table? Do you have a lease worksheet from them?

@Jon - No I dont have a lease sheet. I asked a few times but never got full details from them.

So you even know what their final offer is then?

I asked this yesterday, but you never answered.

Due at signing: $1539 down, MN plates/fees: $804. I must have made some mistake in posting information I guess.

What makes up that $804? DMW plate and fees can’t be that high. What about first months payment, doc fee and acq fee? Are those capped?

Yes all fees included in the $804. Not the first payment so add that to drive off as well.

Bro ! Make it simple. If you go sign now, what will be the amount you write on the check to drive out ???
$2833? [$1539+$804+540] ?
If so, go ahead rent a car and spend another week. Weekly rentals are cheap. Even use turo.

2 Likes

This should be the deal you should sign.
$1000 out of pocket to drive that car off the lot
With remaining 35 payments of $540
36 months/ 10k miles.

1 Like

Worst case: $1540 drive off the lot and remaining 35 payments of $540 for same months and miles.

1 Like

Ok thanks @mani_is_kool. Hopefully it works out tomorrow else I will have to do the hard yards and i am a lazy ass when it comes to roughing it!

Just get her what she wants, which has been the Highlander all along. Drive it for 6 years, that’s way cheaper than doing two leases.

1 Like