2018 Fiat 500e are finally available

Were you talking to Fiat OC? Their ad mentions conquest, so it’s odd that the sales rep would say that conquest does not apply. My understanding is that if there is a manufacturer-supported conquest program, it wouldn’t be the salesperson’s discretion on whether they could accept it.

Not low enough, 4 years ago it was 49 a month.

yea, most of the sales person don’t know the detail of the lease, they will just read what ever the upper management throw at them to the customer. But when I heard the heavy down payment I didn’t bother to ask further more question

Keep in mind that state of California gives you back $2500

so your true DAS is
Option A… $5,300 less $2500 ==> $2800 DAS, $99 a month + tax
Option B… $3,900 less $2500 ==> $1400 DAS, $129 a month + tax

less electric utility company rebates (eg. $500 PG&E, $450 SoCalEdison)

so, for example option B would be $129 monthly plus a net $900 (or so) DAS after California and utility co rebates

Have you guys looked into buying a used Fiat 500e? Chrysler Capital asked me if I would like to buy mine for $18,500. Told person, you know I can buy one same year as the one I returned, with less miles for about $8k and she told me I was lying and no way that was possible.

This is your job for a living, educate yourself on what’s the market rate for these cars. Sheesh…

I just did a little search on cars.com. You can get a 2015 Fiat 500e in SoCal for less than $7500 with around 40k miles.

If your negotiation skills are any good maybe you could get it for $6500 (or less ?)

1 Like

That’s about right, hopefully it will be lower soon just like the ad below.
It’s like after both state and utility rebates… total due at sign is $0 or close to $0. and just $49+tax a month.

Or it could go higher soon as well.

In any case $129 a month isn’t much to pay for any car. That’s still a screaming deal.

1 Like

Yes, we know, but I’m scare if it’s not gonna be reliable. If you lease these guys, it will always be under factory warranty. I had a 2015 500e before and love that little thing but there’s some software glitch, so I think having the factory warranty is important for these cars.

Something for everyone to remember is that at the time of your purchase you have to be below CVRP’s income caps to qualify for the $2500. Right now, that’s $150k for non-married filers.

I’m considering a used 500e, but their HOV stickers expire at the end of the year whereas a new one will have several years of HOV access. Whether that and the longer warranty of a new car are worth the difference is up to you. Also consider the upcoming depreciation of the 2015s as their warranties expire – how much are you really saving when you will definitely take a depreciation hit once the warranty expires? If the 2015 model loses $3k in depreciation over 3 years then likely you would have been better off leasing.

That’s true… Lets wait for couple day and see the new program for next month. most of us want at least 100+ range by now. Fiat 500e and Honda Clarity Electric are the only one who’s still below 100 miles per charge. and Honda is kind of giving theirs away due to that reason.

I was actually kind of bummed when I had to return mine. I had lots of fun driving it. Love lining up next to another car on the bottom of the hill :slight_smile:

I hear you about software glitch, I had mine serviced a few times but that was the extent of my problems. Guess I was one of the lucky ones.

The work around the HOV sticker is to find a used 500e that has never registered for a HOV sticker. Come January 1, 2019 just fill out paperwork and your good until 2022 or 2023.

I thought the sticker renewal come January 1, 2019 didn’t apply for cars purchased used? I’d love to be corrected on that, as it would make a used one more of a consideration for me.

Should you actually find such a car, if it exists in the real world then you should jump on it.

As long as the used car has never had a HOV in the past your car is eligible for the new HOV sticker. California intent was to rotate cars with existing stickers out of the HOV lanes and give another cars a chance. Otherwise HOV lanes would be just has bad as other lanes.

Let me see if I can find that link for you.

I found another old ads…
$2500 due at sign and 99 a month for 36 month… so after all the rebate… its $83 a month…
So I think it’s possible in the future for these deal to pop out again.

Here’s the link to the article:

Drivers who were issued red, green, or white HOV stickers in 2017 or 2018 can apply for the new decals after January 1, 2019 that will be valid for three years.

People who buy new cars after January 1, 2019 and apply for a sticker will get to use the diamond lanes for up to four years. The rule for new vehicles is that a decal issued after January 1, 2019 expires after three full years plus “the partial year from when the decal was issued.” That rule gives motorists an incentive to buy early in the year, Swanton explained. All decals expire on September 30, 2025.

If you buy a used green car, it’s eligible for a new sticker only if it never had one.

$0 DOWN / $0 DRIVE OFF

$50-100 tax included soon.
Just wait for it.

2 Likes

I am so excited!! hahahaha the 2018 has standard back up camera which, I guess its good to have but not necessary.