2018 Fiat 500e are finally available

What year were these off-lease cars going for $4k-5k? How many miles were on them at the time?

I’d totally throw down 4-5k to tool around in an electric car for a few years and sell it for scrap at the end of the cycle.

This was last summer. Chrysler Capital was dumping higher mile units (around 40,000 miles) to FCA dealers via their remarketing platform. They were all 2015 models.

Right now the cheapest are around $6,000 for 50,000 miles… still 2015 models. Supply and demand – there are just fewer turn ins right now.

For most of this year, dealers did not have any new units in stock because the 2018s were delayed. So with new cars unavailable, cars on the used market sold for more. Now that the 2018s are available, supply and demand should begin swinging the prices of those used units back in the consumer’s favor.

Lots of 2018s have been arriving in the last week and more dealers are beginning to market these units. Santa Monica Fiat just added 37 units and is now advertising $179/mo with $2500 down and conquest.

Unfortunately they’re unavailable to lease outside of CA and OR.

That being said, after I lemoned my wife’s Audi A3 e-tron lease, we were looking at these. There’s one used car dealership in CA with almost 200 of these cars off-lease in the 7k-10k range. We ended up grabbing a 2016 with 500 mi for 14k at the beginning of this year as a purchase. Even with shipping to VA and pretty much financing the whole thing for 5 years we were looking at a <$300/mo payment with zero gas expense which surprisingly is similar to the current lease cost.

Considering a lot of EU countries are buying these used cars up in droves it actually makes you wonder whether purchasing used and holding for 3 years (extended warranties exist in the $1-2k range) or leasing makes sense depending on your current situation.

Give it a few months this cars will be under 100 a month like they use to be.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, what caused the lemon on the A3 e-tron? I was looking at one of these, but I’ve heard some stories about the lack of reliability of these models that give me pause.

I lemoned the A3 e-tron primarily because the app never worked correctly and the dealer couldn’t figure it out after 3 weeks in the shop. In addition, the cruise control intermittently stopped working and the middle screen failed to extend multiple times requiring three more trips back to the dealer and time needed to either perform software updates or order parts.

just had this add pop up for me, says 1000 cap reduction plus 2500 dollar state rebate, accq fee, tax, title, and lic down at signing.

Price is slowly coming down

199 , 169, now 129, soon will be under 100.

1 Like

You nailed it…

https://mailchi.mp/ocfiat/prices-slashed-2018-fiat-500e-now-99mo?e=8d577e72c5

I freaking hate it when the dealers engage I. The zero down once you factor in the cvrp and utility rebate.

Anyone have the MF and RV? How much of a dealer discount is achievable on these?

$99/m looks good, but, do we know what is the estimated down and DAS ? hard to read the fine print.

Really difficult to read, but I believe the terms are similar to what @Jonathan has stated. Add another $1,000 DAS if you don’t qualify for conquest.

99+tax per month
DAS: 1000 + 2500 + 1000 (aq+ttl)?
and you get $2500 back as rebate, right?

Just called, they gave me 2 options, 36/10
Option A… $5,300 DAS, $99 a month + tax
Option B… $3,900 DAS, $129 a month + tax

seems like it’s still high up there.

Were you able to catch how much of a dealer discount they’re calculating as part of the deal? To shop these leases among the dealers we need to know the RV, MF, and a dealer discount to target. Incentives available include $1k conquest — any others? Does Fiat have a college grad discount or any corporate affiliation discount?

I am going to lease a car in August so I’m going to negotiate with dealers soon.

He said no college grads, no conquest(I told him I have a Honda), pretty much nothing… They just release these cars, most likely will have more incentives next month.

Not a good deal. i’m not looking for one right now (just checking deals on EV), but will want one in 1 year to replace my electric car with cheapest electric, roughly 100 miles range is fine. Prefer 4 door. Ugly is fine, lol.

Im just curious to see why you think this is not a good deal? $99/month sounds pretty low.