2018 F-150 Lariat Sport MSRP: $54,140 - 0 Down, 15K/36M, $402/Month

Be careful when looking for discounted units. A lot of them are discounted with Retail Rebates for purchases only

Can you please link me to that forum discussion about the $2k discounts on aged models? Iā€™m looking at a November build and trying to negotiate the highest discount possible.

Thanks!

Its linked in post 11 of this thread. You will need to scroll to the last week or so of the f150 forumā€™s posts where they start mentioning it. Lots of other good info in that thread as well.

Be careful as many dealers will list the msrp before manufacturer discounts then include those discounts in the dealer discount column. Always negotiate dealer discount off of the blue box msrp listed on the window sticker.

Iā€™m currently getting a bit stonewalled on this point. All the dealerships Iā€™ve spoken with are considering these part of their discount. If the lease is based on the blue box price (after these discounts), then it really doesnā€™t make a good deal. Seems stupid to me that they are doing this since the sticker price reflects these discounts already. Thereā€™s no reason to even think about the price before these rebates.

Of course the dealers want to include that as part of their discount. It makes the discount look much better than it actually is without actually giving you much of a discount. To the untrained eye, it looks like a much better deal than it actually is.

I had a few dealers try that tactic too, so I simply told them to use the blue box msrp that already includes the manufacturer rebate. For those dealerships that insisted upon the non-blue box tactic I asked for a larger discount to compensate for those rebates. However, often those dealers were not even in the same ballpark as the deals in this thread. In that case move on to another dealer.

Interesting. I just had a dealer tell me the residual is based on the price before the package discounts. Anyone find that to be the case?

Their program shows it that way, but when you look at the residual dollar amount its based off the blue box MSRP.

This is in a direct email response to my question. But yeah seems to contradict everyoneā€™s experience.

My guess is they will deflate the residual percentage in an attempt to cover the difference. They havenā€™t gotten back to me yet. But, lets say they give the correct percentage. Is there a reason to not go with that possibility? Technically you would have an inflated BO price. I have no plans to buy it at the end but it could effect leverage going into next lease if I would have had some equity.

edit: They got back to me and quoted the correct residual that I obtained from Edmunds.

Here is a screenshot of my initial talkingā€™s with the dealer. As you can see the 59% or $31,254 residual is not correct for the top MSRP. It would be correct given the $750 discount from top MSRP to Blue Box.

Thanks a bunch for posting screenshot. Honestly I get a slightly different number either way when calculating 59%. Am I missing something?

I leased an sxt for 248 a month sign and drive

Blockquote

2yr/12k

What were the details of your deal? Did yours have STX package?

Leased my truck today. I figured out the whole high list price vs blue box msrp. Dealerships do use the higher price, but they just change the residual value percentage so in the end it works out the same. Itā€™s worth paying attention to make sure youā€™re not losing anything anywhere. But, in my case, our numbers came out exactly the same because we were using different percentages to get the residual value.

This doesnā€™t excuse the idea of using the high price to make your discount look better. They are certainly doing that tactic for people that arenā€™t paying attention. Just make sure you stick to your target price and politely let them know why you are not paying a lot of attention to the discount off the higher number.

Iā€™ll post my deal tomorrow when I have the numbers in front of me. The deals on STX F150s are absolutely insane right now, at least in New England. June is over though so they might be changing if residuals / mfā€™s change. They are almost definitely gone on July 9th when current incentives look like they are set to expire (including PCOs). Act fast if you are in the market for a truck.

Anyone else able to replicate this deal.

Iā€™ve seen several posts of people replicating. The regional offers makes it difficult for me. I can only get about 10% off msrp from blue box from dealers. Plus there is no lease incentive on Lariats and only a 1500 on xlt for where I live. MF comes out to 2.08% as well. Just depends on your area where you live if you can get all of the extra incentives and such.

What region are you trying?

Which regions have the best discounts for Lariats?

Can you send me the pco?

I live in west KY. Not sure where has the best (incentives are based on where you live not where you buy the car).