2018 Chevy Volt LT - $6640 One Pay - 36mo/12K - California šŸ”„

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying. They use $8000 from factory, but then say $7500 is not applicable because I lease. And, according to NYS, additional $1700 is applicable whether I buy or lease.

Which dealership? was it 2017 LT or 2018 LT?

who is your Local dealer, would love to get Volt .

There are two in Albany NY, neither are making sense.

The $8k in lease incentives replaces the $7.5k credit you would claim on a purchase. You canā€™t get both on a lease. The leasing company (GM Financial) receives the credit, than passes most of it to the customer in the form of lease cash.

Is this deal from Marci?

Nevermind, looks like I missed out on this. Any similar incentives for April on the Volt? Thinking of getting one as a third car just for the hell of it if the prices are this cheap. I got a crazy one-pay deal on the fully loaded Bolt in October ($10.7k for 45k miles/3 years), and Marci was awesome to work with. Was no issue that I was in NorCal and their dealership was in L.A. Never had a more ā€œfuturisticā€ buying experience. Was like buying a TV online. Just a simple email, 2 phone calls, paid for with credit card, and car was delivered to my door :slight_smile: If Chevy had more dealers like that, it would make all the difference. Much better buying experience than what people are dealing with right now with Tesla and the Model 3.

So $8K sounds ok for April? If NYS credit is applied to lease, would that be extra off?

Iā€™m not aware of April lease incentive numbers yet. Odds are they are similar to last month, but things could have changed. Ask @chevysalesgirl for the April numbers.
As for the state rebate, Iā€™m not sure how NY applies it. Some states issue a rebate after the purchase, others apply it at point of sale.

I just told them I want $6500 one pay for 10k miles. Let them comeback with a better offer than $10.7k. If they can they can, if not, screw it.

1 Like

Looks to me like the Volt incentives are considerably worse.

FYIā€¦

Volt residual/MF for April

36, 39 or 48 month terms only.

LT trim
15k - 47 45 39
12k - 49 47 42
10k - 50 48 43

Premier
15k - 46 44 38
12k - 48 46 41
10k - 49 47 42

MF: .00079
Single Pay MF: .00006
Acq Fee Waiver (650) - Add .00075 to MF

$3250 CCR on LT trim
$2875 CCR on Premier

Texas gets an additional $1000 CCR on both trims.

3 Likes

Is this worse than last month? Can the deal above be replicated?

If you lease a Volt, be carefully about hitting a sidewalk or bumper in a parking lot since the new tire is very fragile and expensive to get it fixed.
I leased one volt at 03/31 and had a flat tire at 04/02 because of hitting a sidewalk when I PARK the car. Since there is no spare tire, I got my car towed in the dealership. When I walked in the maintenance department, the service manager immediately said ā€œDid you hit a sidewalk or a bumper in the park lot?ā€. I was surprised by his question and he further explained that he saw lots of folks having the same problem everyday. Because the design of the car, you cannot see the sidewalk when you are street parking. In addition, the new tire is very fragile so if you hit it, highly possible the tire is gone and you need a new tire.
It cost me 232 to get it fixed, very expensive lesson for a 40 miles new car.

2 Likes

Will just put it here

History repeat itselfā€¦

Toyota Motor Corp. , Nissan Motor Co. and Honda Motor Co. have laid out investments to keep sedans and coupes such as the Civic and Altima fresh even as demand wanes.

Shortsighted and stupid. We never learn.

Hey, that probably means more Bolts then! Woohoo!

The Sonic sells a fraction of what those cars sell. They arenā€™t killing the Cruze or Malibu

Is this dear or something similar still available? Looking to get one soon

IMO, comparable, Toyota models to Chevy models:

• Toyota Yaris <-> Chevy Sonic
  • Toyota Corolla <-> Chevy Cruze
  • Toyota Camry <-> Chevy Malibu

Killing the Chevy Sonic, one of their lower profit margin models, might be a good idea. Itā€™ll free up capital for the production of other models with higher profit margins. Plus, I never seen a Chevy Sonic before. And neither have I seen a Toyota Yarisā€¦that is on the roadā€¦and not on some dealershipā€™s lot rusting away.