2018 Chevy Volt LT - $6640 One Pay - 36mo/12K - California šŸ”„

From what Iā€™ve seen, since Iā€™ve been looking too, this deal cant be replicated this month without some more incentives, which arenā€™t been offered. Best Iā€™ve seen right now is ~$9900 one pay. Iā€™m short $3000, which the conquest would of covered.

My Volt lease ends on 7/19, but Registration is due on 4/19.
To avoid paying registration fees, i was looking to lease another Volt before 4/19, and hoping to have dealer waive-off my four lease payments.
Is that even possible?
Or going for a killer lease deals, mean that thereā€™s no way for dealers to waive-off lease payments of old car?
Also, who is Marci quoted here so much, can someone share her id?

So the excess wear and tire protection is well worth it then?

Are you complaining that the volt is so bad that it made you hit the curb or that you usually hit the curb but the volt is the first one to get damaged?

Not only will they take a loss on the volt but they will buy out your 4 payments just so you donā€™t have to pay registration. Thatā€™s indeed customer service!!!

Thanks for your unhelpful response.
I was just looking to check if thereā€™s a way for dealer to pass on lease rental waivers to GM Finaccial, when the customer every into another lease?

1 Like

I must have misread. You were asking about chevy pull ahead. Yes they do it but very rarely
I somehow got the impression it was more about not paying registration. My apologies

So, a dealer cannot just ā€œwaiveā€ your payments. They like to use that word and as buyers we like to hear it but it cannot be done. The only ones that can waive your payments are the lessor (the bank). Every so often the banks offer ā€œpull-aheadā€ programs where the bank will waive your payments if you get into a new lease (or sometimes a purchase). So, you would have to make sure there is a pull-ahead program available right now. With Chevy, I think I have heard that they will send you an invitation to pull ahead. Hence, even if there is an open pull ahead program at the time, unless you get the invite, you are not eligible. I would check (but not likely at the moment).

Now, if a dealer says they are waiving your payments and there is no open pull ahead program available then basically you are paying for those last payments as they are coming out of the deal. That is, there was some profit left in the deal, enough to make your last few payments.

There is another more technical way that it is possible for you to get the payments ā€œwaivedā€ (not waived really) but I am not sure if it is even still a thing and it is too much to write at the moment.

Anyway, good luck!

1 Like

Thx much @Irongunner and @vhoolooā€¦

Iā€™m looking to get Volt LT with leather this week in California

Any chance I could get similar one pay deal? My budget is around $7500-$8000.

Iā€™ve tried to reach few dealers today and numbers I get are significantly higher.

Also if anyone has GM Supplier code to share, please message me.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Doesnā€™t meaningfully solve the problem if the tires are indeed that fragile. How many times is one willing to wait by the side of the road for a tow and then wait for the service center to replace a tire, even if those services have been prepaid?

Might be better to just get 4 decent tires.

The dealer can buy the car from the lessor (the bank), thus eliminating any need for further payments.

Albeit this usually works when there is a chance for them to flip it for profit

Any good deals going on right now in Northern CA/ Bay area? I am being offered a one time payment of 9200 for 3 year 12K miles lease with excess wear tear protection. Should I take it or wait for some more time?

I would wait for next month. But someone told me they got $8300 one-pay OTD at Dublin. If you can live with that, try it.

Chevy dealers are desperate this month. Their sales number are not doing well. I would bargain with them.

Iā€™m not sure how you can come to that conclusion. Monthly sales figures are released quarterly now, so we donā€™t even know how they did last month let alone mid month.

1 Like

if you got a chevy lease and want to upgrade to Bolt, can you do that?

I am looking to lease volt in june in bayarea. wondering if someone can share the curret deals?

Itā€™s June. Any new deals?

Also curious - hoping June has some deals?

Anyone know of Bolt EV deals in Northern California area?

Anyone know of Bolt EV deals in SOUTHERN California area? :slight_smile:

2 Likes