2017 Volkswagen Passat R-Line w/ Comfort/LED Packages

If you could post the #s it would be very helpful. Thanks.

1 Like

2 of 3 dealers said I had to pay this. Once said he wouldnā€™t charge me. The one that said he wouldnā€™t charge me had a price of $1597 on the package. ā€œEvery vehicleā€ comes with it.

I tried to find my paperwork but couldnā€™t. Iā€™m in NJ and rolled taxes, fees and everything into the price. My dealer is Trend Motors in Rockaway NJ, ask for Brian. Hes a frequent contributor to VWVortex forums and knows his shit. I didnā€™t have to pay a $1500 protection package

Expand your search to other dealers? Or tell them you will wait for a new car and take it before they add the ā€œprotection package.ā€ I searched vw.com for inventory using the zip code you posted in the first post, and found three with the exact same MSRP that are still in transit to a local dealer. There are also others with the lighting package and slightly different MSRPs in transit as well.

1 Like

Iā€™ve asked this somewhere on here before, but donā€™t think it ever got answered.

I have a $500 VW partner program credit certificate, which says ā€œ$500 off dealer invoice.ā€ The current selling price is below the dealer invoice already. Does anyone know if this certificate will still be valid to get $500 off the agreed selling price? If so, should I only mention this after we agree on a selling price?

My wife is also graduating from a nursing program in three weeks, and VW has a ā€˜$500 contract bonusā€™ for new graduates. Same question as above applies - should I only mention this after we agree on a selling price?

The college graduate program also states this: ā€œGet competitive rates even if you have a limited credit history. Credit history is not required, but if you have existing credit, it must be in good standing.ā€ ā€” Anyone know if this means they have to offer me the base MF?! :sweat_smile: Hoping so, haha.

Please provide feedback:

Current offer on the Passat for 15K/36:

[$26,210] MSRP
[$21,000] SELLING PRICE (20% OFF)
[-$1000] CASH BONUS
[-$500] VW PARTNER PROGRAM
[-$500] NEW GRAD PROGRAM

[+$1,187.50] TAXES (Texas)
[+$337.27] DOC/LIC/REG FEES
[+625] ACQUISITION FEE

[$21,149.75] ADJUSTED CAP COST

[$11,495.00] 44% RESIDUAL

[$999.09] RENT CHARGE (MF .00085)
I think this is still too high. They originally gave me .00001 before I negotiated the price down and presented them with all of my rebates/offers. Iā€™ve told them as of now that they need to honor the .00001 that they initially offered or Iā€™ll walk on this deal. Waiting to hear backā€¦

[$295.94] DUE AT SIGNING

[$295.94] Monthly payment with current MF

See attached:

yea the payment should be around $250ā€¦ $295 is better than $399 but still high. iā€™ve seen people pay $310 for a new C300 with MSD and autopay, and thats a $40k+ car

Yeah not a fan of getting this deal near $300, considering the E300 loaner deals Iā€™ve been seeing on here. Ideally $215ish would have been nice.

If you get them to lower the mf to .00001, it should bring your payment to around $267. Thatā€™s probably as low as itā€™s going to get due to the insanely low residual value. Thereā€™s no way youā€™re getting it for $215.

Yeah unless they drop the price of the car more. Could happen if I waited a few months?

Maybe. Or maybe the residual could go even lower and the mf could go up.

They probably wonā€™t have any problems selling the car at 20% off, so it may not even be there in a few months.

1 Like

in a few months the 2018 will come out, so the residuals on the 2017 will drop further. VWā€™s Diselgate screwed the residuals on all VWā€™s. its a great car, handles better than accords or camrys, but that residual kills the deal. if someone can get a Equinox or Cruz for $999 one pay, or Tacoma 4x4 Sport for $183, the cost-benefit of anything else drops like a cement block in waterā€¦

Yeah, only thing is I think this is the best looking car in itā€™s category, hence me pushing for this one over many others.

The Jetta is pretty similar and should have better residuals.

Alright guys, got them to give me the base MF on the deal. Iā€™m going to try to get them to eat the first payment thatā€™s due at signing as well before I sign for the car ($268.52). See deal below. Thoughts?

I have a 2013 Lexus GS350 F-Sport that Iā€™m wanting to trade that I havenā€™t mentioned to them yet. Will try to work out a good value for it upon arrival at the dealership to sign for this car. I still havenā€™t been to this dealership or seen this Passat yet.

By the way, Iā€™ve already applied a Sports Car Club of America partner program certificate to the deal. Am I able to apply an Uber partner program discount on top of that?

Did you end up pulling the trigger? Final numbers?

Not yet. Checked the vehicle out on Wednesday. The vehicle has some trim that needs to be fixed and alignment. Iā€™m supposed to be in touch with them today to get everything finalized.

So VW recently increased their Model Year-End Rebate from $1000 to $1500. When I started negotiating, the rebate was at $1000. Now that it changed to $1500, I asked for the extra $500 to be applied to the lease deal that I have previously posted above. The salesman is telling me this:

ā€œUnfortunately that rebate is for purchases only, the way we got to your price was using all the dealer cash available as well as every applicable incentive.ā€

VW.com clearly states itā€™s for leases and I expressed that to him. I told him that I will get some more info on this elsewhere. He responded with:

ā€œOK. Weā€™re over $1500 below our advertised purchase price- on a lease, 0.0001 MF, and the car you want on the lot. This is the very best we can do. If we had the $500 to spare we would, it is the end of the month and we want to do as many deals a possible, but we have to be realistic. If thereā€™s anything else I can do within reason, please let me know and Iā€™ll do my best to make it happen for you.ā€

I havenā€™t asked them to lower their agreed sales price, just to apply the rebate thatā€™s available now. Does this cut in to their profits? I assumed manufacturer rebates are on the manufacturer, and doesnā€™t affect the dealer any.

Could someone please provide some insight on my previous post about the increased rebate? Looking to purchase this weekend. Thanks.
@Jon @jmac63 @Cali @humphrey @tonyg2017 @goat_milk

The picture of the contract you posted shows $1500 in rebates. Maybe it was already available to dealers before VW started advertising the additional $500.