[36/12K]
[75039]

Went to the dealer tonight, and was offered the following:

Money Factor [.00126]
Residual [46%]
MSRP [$26,310]
Discount [-$4,483]
Rebate [-$1000]
Protection Package [+$1495} - they said all of their Passat’s have this and they don’t sell them without it if I didn’t want it.
Selling Price [$22,322]

Down Payment [$376] = first month’s payment
Monthly Payment [$399]
36m/12k

I was hoping to get this car in the $200-$250 range.

See image of numbers breakdown here: http://imgur.com/a/XQ25z

what are the discounts and rebates? Can you ask them if they can honor the supplier pricing and then give you a quote? SCCA has a program when you join, you get a supplier discount from VW aka $500 UNDER dealer Invoice without negotiations. We got my dad a Passat S with $6200 off and 0 down for $250/mo. MSRP was $23,xxx if I recall.

The dealer discount was $4,483 and manufacturer rebate listed online is $1000 on the Passats right now. The $4,483 dealer discount wasn’t even from a negotiation…he brought that discount back from the get-go without me haggling when he initially brought the pricing back.

I can ask on other discounts. Another forum was telling me to find another dealer because the “unavoidable” protection plan is pure BS and MF is ridiculously high for someone with good to excellent credit.

It’s a great car. My brother in law has one (2016). He’s paying $286 a month and that’s with $4k negative equity rolled in from previous lease. You will love the car.

Yup, stay far away from dealers that offer “mandatory optionals”.

What state are you in? Add ~$900 for freight and $699 for the processing fee and you get about 6K off for this car. No dealer package BS. I service my 2015 passat at this dealership and they are great to deal with…

http://www.sheehyspringfieldvw.com/new/Volkswagen/2017-Volkswagen-Passat-springfield-va-8a43fc820a0e0ae7682674b8b37bf302.htm

I’m in the Dallas, TX area.

There is no way that MF can be that high… I did a quick search and seems the base MF is 0.0001? They must be marking that up to hell and back.

I’ve just sent the salesman an e-mail to confirm that number. It’s clearly what he told me yesterday.

http://www.realcartips.com/news/0957-best-lease-deals-now.shtml

why are you wasting time with this dealer? sedan lease deals are plentiful…
camry, accord, sonata

I like this model in particular over the ones you have listed, but I will be visiting with other local VW dealers over this one.

Was it a lease or purchase? How long is the term? If it’s the standard 36 months, that means he got it for $175/month if he didn’t have any negative equity?

It was leased a little over a year ago. It was an after hours friday night deal. Car had 300 miles on it. Claimed it wasn’t a demo, my brother in law didnt really care. Dealer was determined to get rid of inventory. 12k/36 months. $1800 up front from what I remember. $1k down, first month, tags, fees, etc.

R-Line with comfort and lighting packages.

I have a partner program certificate for VW, which enables $500 off the dealer invoice price. The vehicle is now already marked down below the dealer invoice price.

Can this still be applied? If so, should I only present it to the dealer once we have agreed on a selling price?

Also, my wife is graduating from nursing school next month - can I exploit that for another $500 off via their college graduate program?

Just got pretty much the same vehicle with similar MSRP: $26,245.00

36mo

$2500 down / $199mo + taxes

Norcal: Seaside CA VW

So like $268/mth with $0 down?

That sounds about right, but if you add the acquisition fee the real number at 0 down is about $279/mo

In my opinion, I don’t like the deal. Protection package should not be a requirement. And they’re marking up the MF drastically. Residual is too low even when coupled with the large dealer discount. Nice looking car, definitely, but you could get a luxury brand for about the same money.

2018 Camry is out, so dealers are pushing to get rid of the 17. Start there.

I can get my figures but I leased a Passat r-Line with the LED headlights and lip spoiler, no money down just first months payment and it’s 265 with 12k miles.

I would walk out right there. They are just adding $1500 to the price of the car you want for no reason. I don’t even know what’s in the “protection package” but I can guarantee you it isn’t worth $1500.