2017 Passat r-line lease $320

Hey guys I’m in the market for a 2017 r-line Passat. I went to the dealer and they offered 320$ a month with $1,000 down for a lease. All the info is

36/10k
MSRP: 26,210
Selling price: 22,960 (some type of dealer discount)
R/V: 52%
MF: 0.00051. (Edmonds showed 0.00015, but I’m not 100% sure I looked at that correctly)
State tax: 6.85%
Fees: 224

Would you guys think this is a good deal? Or should I be expecting a better deal? I might be missing some info, but I’m gonna go to a different dealer today and see what happens.

Honestly it looks high off the bat. I would think the leftover 2017’s would have a better discount and taking a look at TrueCar national sales for the Passat R-Line look like there is still about 2k on the table.

If you drop the price 2k the price drops to $255 and if the MF drops to what you said Edmunds is your payment drops to $242 with tax.

That being said have you cross shopped the 2017 Accord Sport?

Thanks for the info! I haven’t shopped for the accord sport, but I had someone in the family buy one a couple months back, and honestly I just want something different. These seem to be getting discounted a lot so I thought It might be a cheap option.

Can’t blame you for wanting something different, the passat crossed my mind before but the wife veto’d it before it went anywhere. I think if you got the price down a few more K and make sure the MF was not inflated it would be a decent lease.

There is $3200 rebate on this car.
https://www.autobytel.com/volkswagen/passat/2017/incentives/
So the dealer is in fact selling you a 2017 VW at MSRP.

Thanks guys! Are there any suggestions towards any other car I can look at for a better deal that’s similar to the Passat? Thanks!

Search the forum to see what others are getting. If the car you want is not a hot topic it is probably not a hot deal (for the time being). The first offer you get is ridiculous most of the times. This guy: 2017 Volkswagen Passat R-Line w/ Comfort/LED Packages
got 20% off before rebates. Your MF might be marked up too. Whatever you find on Edmunds is base MF.

Yeah my offer was 15K/36, dealer’s price of $21,000, $500 partner certificate, $1500 in rebates, bringing the selling price down to $19,000. Zero down, other than first months payment of $269, so Texas taxes of 6.25% rolled into the lease, along with all fees. Base MF of .0001. Let me know if you want me to email you a copy of the offer to use for bargaining. This was from August.

Did you eventually get base MF AND $500 extra rebate?
Might be a good idea to post your final numbers under that topic for others. For anyone who follows.

Actually yes! That would be very helpful. They keep trying to sell me on 48 months/10k which makes the RV: 39%, and the MF was about 0.00176, this would put the selling price at 20,210, but they are telling me they have to add in a mandatory warranty of 2,500 because they can’t sell the car that cheap. I told them I want the 36 month term, and was told the selling price would go to 22,210. The RV would be at 46%, and the MF was unknown. They told me that with an MF of 0.00001 which I believe is base, they have to raise the selling price by another 2k.

These are numbers from a different dealership, the 48 month term payment came to 357. I feel like that is ridiculous.

Send me your email address.

I ended up not wanting a Passat at the end of it, but the image that I posted in that topic with $268 monthly payment was the best offer they gave me and they were waiting for me to sign on that deal.