2017 Toyota Highlander XLE numbers - need advice

Hello all,

I received the following quote below from North Hollywood Toyota. In the leasehackr calculator, I get a score of 9.4 This is my first time using this website and it’s been extremely helpful. Any tips on how I can wiggle and squeeze a better deal out of this below?

The drive off is roughly $1500 which includes ACQ fee, first month’s payment, and DMV fees, $0 cap reduction.

Thank you in advance!!

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2017 Toyota Highlander XLE]

MSRP: [$40,758]
Selling Price: [$37,009]
Rebates: [$0]
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [12,000]

MF: [.00133]
Residual: [65%]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$1,500]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$413.84]

Zip Code: [91344]
Sales Tax Rate: [9%]

Get a bigger discount and take advantage of MSDs.

Thanks Jon. In doing research on leasehackr and edmunds, 9% off seems to be right on par with what most people are getting. Any thoughts on how much more I could potentially shave off?

I have been looking at Highlander XLEs as well and was quoted the following. This quote lists the MF as .0020 which I am not sure is correct (I thought it was the .00133 that you were quoted). I am not impressed with the quote below but I figured I would share so that you could see the selling price I was able to get with zero negotiation.

Lease Quote:

MSRP: $41,189 2017 Toyota Highlander XLE AWD/Seating for 8, All Weather Floor Liners/Cargo Liner
Term: 36 months/12,000 miles per year
Due at signing: 1st monthly payment,TFS Acquisition Fee, new PA tag=$1,442.77
Monthly payment: $454.72
The selling price is $37,111. Toyota is currently not offering any incentives on the 2017 Highlander. The money factor is .00220. The residual is $27,185.

@Jon What makes you think he should get a bigger discount? Have you seen bigger? it seems like a good discount from Toyota and a good payment without MSDs. But yes, agree, MSDs would make a big difference

Something to note. Per comments on Edmunds, the MF rate of .00133 is a “promotional rate” and MSDs cannot be applied to lower it. I do not know if that is true or not.
Also, it appears that I was quoted an RV of 66% (based on my math, 41189 x 0.66 = 27184.74) while your quote shows 65%

Well they can’t change the RV so 66% will be for 36/10k and 65% for 36/12k.

Several users on here did report 13%-14.5% off MSRP on 2017 Highlander XLEs, albeit it was 3 months ago in March.

1 Like

So there is a typo on one of our quotes then because we both have a quote for 36/12k. I just checked Edmunds and they are saying 66% for 36/12 on an XLE as of June 12.

That might have been possible but per the two dealers I have been “working” with (granted still VERY early in discussions), Toyota is not offering any incentives on Highlander XLE leases in June.

Yes the residual is $26,493. $40,758 x .65 = 26,493

I also just emailed about MSDs and the response was “We cannot change the money factor. Luckily Toyota is helping us out with the Highlander.
It is usually .00225 for the standard money factor but we are receiving a special money factor for this month only to kick off June.”

Seems like they are also firm in their selling price. I asked to get closer to $35k and they emailed saying they are firm on the $37k mark.

where are you located? I know that Toyota has regional MF but perhaps the RV is regional also? I am in suburban Philadelphia.

Southern California. This is all very early, just simply inquiring online. I’ve emailed a few other dealers in the area with the exact details of the quote to see if they are willing to come down more on the selling price.

Same thing. I have just started looking for an SUV for my wife. Based on what I am getting back from dealers in my area, it appears that June is not a great month to lease a Highlander as their are no incentives. I will keep an eye on this thread so post if you get any additional information and I will do the same.

Thank you and I’ll be sure to do the same. It does seem to maybe not be the greatest time to lease the Highlander now. I do remember in August last year, my buddy was looking to lease a SUV. At the time, the regional ad for the Highlander XLE AWD was $349 a month with $1499 down which is a pretty solid starting point. Since then, I’ve checked the website pretty regularly and have seen nothing even close to that.

Try the Honcker app closer to the end of the month. @jayneo74 got a great deal in March, but he got his deal on the east coast.

What’s your monthly payment w tax?

$413 is what I was quoted

I also got this response when I asked for clarification on the residual

"Your math is wrong $26,493/$37,009.13 = 71.58% We are no longer basing it off MSRP. "

That salesperson is an idiot.

1 Like