2017 Toyota Highlander XLE numbers - need advice

Any updates on incentives on the Highlander for this Holiday weekend coming up? I’m new to leasing and interested in a Highlander XLE. I’m in New Jersey and looking for dealerships that are familiar with MSD and flexible with negotiation. Thank you.

Check the wiki for DCH Brunswick Toyota and the internet sales manager Dave’s contacts info

For a NJ dealer with high doc fees, your target should be something like this

Hi I reached out to your contact and this was his response. I must add the mileage is for 15,000 and the vehicle is an XLE with an MSRP of $ 42,626.00

Can you tell me if this makes sense. I feel it’s a little high.

As far as pricing goes, Costco would be the lowest price. We have an agreement with them and they actually recommend a price and we agree to it. That price is $350 under the dealer invoice amount bringing it to $39,123. We can also reduce that amount by $750 for the college graduate rebate program as long as we lease through Toyota Financial and you graduated within the last 2 years.

A lease with no security deposits of 36 months, 15,000 miles per year is $464 per month. If we used the maximum number of MSDs (in this case would be 8), the payment would drop to $417 per month and you would need $3400 in security (8 x $425)

In order to get to $350, you would need approximately $2200 down as a cap cost reduction or down payment.

Do you need 15,000 miles/yr?

Yes.

On their website I plugged in 15000 miles and it came up less. IMG_7349

62% with 15K a year? Wow. It’s amazing how Toyota holds its value. I owned a Sienna for 6 years, 100K miles and sold it for 45% of MSRP.

This it add up to you? He quoted discounts but his monthly payments were higher than what the quote on their website.

Do you qualify for the college graduate rebate? For now I have assumed you don’t. You should be targeting at least 11% off MSRP before rebates

No Im in graduate school. I don’t think the college program would extend to graduate.

It probably does. Google is your friend. Read the fine print on an official Toyota website.

Your right! Fine print includes graduate students as well. So that is an additional $750 off.

Send this screenshot and say you won’t accept anything less than 11% off MSRP before rebates (say you know of others who got the same).

Will do. I’ll let you know when and what I hear back. Thank you so much!

1 Like

No response yet from East Brunswick Toyota. I’ve also spoken to 4 Toyota dealership near me only to be told they don’t honor MSD or my credit must be a tier 4 to use MSD. IMG_7357

No one knew what I was talking about until to talked to the finance manager. They don’t want to budge. Do you have other recommendations on dealerships that are straight to the point? Thanks.

Can you wait till end of the month or Labor day weekend?

You can also reach out to NY dealers (who can’t take MSD by state law) with the following offer:

@RVguy do you know credit unions in NJ that can beat TFS on a Highlander?

Have any dealers put out their labor day ads?

That sounds very bullshit-y.
Expand your horizons…a one way flight is $150-200 to anywhere in the country.

Hi Max thanks for all of your help. I want to get a lease before the end of the month and I’m realizing I may need to extend my options outside of the Highlander. I’ve gotten screwed pretty bad (bait/switch, over charged, etc.) on auto purchases in the past and cringe every time it’s time to replace them. Recently purchased a Chevy Impala 2017 with 1495 miles only to find out it was in an accident and front bumper and other parts were horribly replaced. We can’t recouped bc tno lawyer wants to take the case bc there is no structural damage, just cosmetic (new bumper, etc.) and some diminished value. Basically I don’t want to get screwed again and trying to learn to protect myself. Do you recommend any other type of SUVs that is worth my time and money (Grand Jeep Cherokee, Kia Sorento, Hyundai Santa Fe, Chevy Traverse, etc.)