2017 Mercedes E300 lease deal $430 pm 36 / 10

BenzBuyer - did you buy tire and wheel warranty?

From everyone input it seems like its not worth to buy the warranty? Has anyone shop around for the warranty?

I had to pay 960 of prepaid maintance. i’m sure this is worth it, right?

The maintenance package might have been worth it as Mercedes require maintenance every 10k miles. With what amounts to a 45k mile lease you will need to have the car serviced 4 times which will likely add up to over $960. Your interest rate is relatively low so even with paying interest on that $960 (which you are since they rolled that into your lease), you are probably still ahead on that deal. As for the wheel package, I did not purchase it. $2500 seems rather extreme and in my opinion you would have to be a pretty horrible driver in order to burn through $2500 (plus interest) in a 3 year lease. Even if you live in a city, the car parallel parks itself so this should be a non issue.

Are mercedes 2017 E300 Run Flat Tires?

I got a quote from another dealer for $1684 . He said new 2017 tires are run flat.

It totally depends on where and how you drive the car. If your roads are not in good shape it gives you some peace of mind. In Miami you don’t need it. In NYC you probably might need it. Specially with the discounted price you got.

It really comes down to one simple reality. Have you had issues with tires/rims in the past? If you have not had to replace at least 2 rims on any one specific vehicle in a 3 year span, then it is probably a waste of money. I also highly recommend that you read the fine print. There are generally deductibles for the tire plans and I honestly do not know if they will replace the tires towards the end of the lease after just “normal” wear and tear of if there needs to be a specific event that would require replacement. You will also want to see if you blow one tire, if they will replace both tires of the front/rear. Otherwise you are still going to be on the hook for a tire.

1 Like

I live in NYC and I would say you don’t need it unless you are the world’s worst driver. Over the past 9 years I have saved $1687*3 (plus tax) - $300 by self insuring.

You do all know the new E300 has run Flat which is $400 - 500 a tire that cannot be plug?

Sounds like you have already convinced yourself and are just looking for someone/anyone to corroborate you, am I wrong?

Is that what the dealer told you? I have run flats and never had a problem in NYC, but I am careful.

I have run flats on my bmw and I’ve patched them many times. Don’t listen to the bogus. Dealers are just trying to empty your pockets.Haha

You really should just buy it already.

1 Like

How about this idea – every month, put $100 away into a savings account and then at the end of 36 months, you have $3,600 to pay for wear and tear. If you do not have any wear and tear, you can donate the whole amount to @michael so he can pay for these servers that run the forum

Would love a hot deal on c300 coupe grays to new e class buyers

Thanks all, I did not buy it you all so right…I was under impression I have to return tires new when I return car at 45k miles back.

One last question,

My lease is through diamler title, is gap insurance included in a lease?

I’m pretty certain it is but just want to make sure I don’t have to buy anything such.

Most leases include gap coverage but check with the lender. Again check with finance company directly not dealer

Any suggestion type of gas most folks put in there Benz? 87, 89, 91?

It is on the gas cap

Since you wont own it long term, I would suggest the cheapest gas available

1 Like