2017 Mercedes C300 NorCal - finally the deal I wanted

What dealer did you go to that was willing to work with you?

Isnā€™t residual 65% for less than 5k miles car?

Loaners can have up to 10k and still be considered new. The RV is adjusted for mileage over 3k at $.20/mile.

Thanks. I thought the limit is 5k miles.

BMW is 5k before they take a 4% RV decrease on top of mileage adjustment and do not qualify for some new incentives anymore.

Hi all,

First of all, I want to thank dude6165 for passing his back up deal to me - I got lucky to get my first lease car home last week. Without his help, I am not able to get this done in such a short time.

2017 C300 Loaner P1 Package, 4630 miles

MSRP 45155
Sale price: 33984-500 (UA incentive for loaner)
Term: 10K mile for 36 month
MF: 0.00022
Due at Signing: 10 MSD+$1,000 = $4,500 ( $3,500 returnable MSD after lease ends)
Monthly (including tax) $238

I ended up doing one pay lease $9,318.73 + $950. I also purchased tire insurance, first class lease protection and prepaid service plan (ABA) because I want a hassle-free return. Not sure if those insurance package are good idea or not - but they can be cancelled at any time.

Tips:

• Pay by credit card to maximize perks you can get from your credit card company. I value points and redeem them for travel. I know most dealership can take up to $5K, but it needs negotiation.

• Most dealers are not willing negotiate price seriously until you make appointment to check the car in person, especially for loaner cars. I think it might worth a visit to get a better deal.

• Check your car in the morning to allow plenty of time to negotiate the final price. Big bosses all leave early so your sales cannot help you too much because they canā€™t make decision.

• You have better chance to get good price from dealers who has limited storage space to keep their cars because they want to move inventory fast.

5 Likes

i wonder how 36 mo would change the dealā€¦at mid 200 payment, iā€™d take it for longer unless it makes a big difference

The MSRP is not really relevant because this is a used car so you need to shave 20% right off the bat. So really it is 10% off the used car value. That being said it is still a great deal.

The MSRP is only relevant because the residual value is a based on a percentage of MSRP, but of course the key is to get a large discount off the MSRP.

At 36 mo, the residual will drop so the payments will go up. The sweet spot in this deal is 10k miles / 24 mo but this may not work for everyone.

Congratulations ! Great job. I would have passed on the insurance packages - they are just pure profit centers for the dealer.

Someone please find me a similar deal for a loaner C300 4matic :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are rare in the SFO bay area, but not difficult to find in other places.

1 Like

Can you PM me your dealers name and contact info?

can you please pm me the details. thanks

Hi there - Thank you very much for the info. Could you please PM me the info for the dealer you worked with?

Thanks in advance!

Jallel

Done - sent by PM. Let me know.

Hi, could you also send me the details? Really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Just letting everyone know that the 2018 deals on the c-class arenā€™t too far off the 2017s. Doing one now for 289 w/ 1k + MSD. 46k msrp.

4 Likes

Biggest difference right now is Fleet is only 1250 on 18 C.