2017 Mercedes C300 NorCal - finally the deal I wanted

First of all - this deal was possible only because of spamdavy. Thanks a lot, man.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2017 Mercedes C300, 4,200 miles]
Fully loaded, with Sports and Premium 3 packages, LED lights, panoramic roof etc etc

MSRP: $51,840
Sale Price after United Premier rebates: $37,000
29% off MSRP
TTL/Registration: $15 + $20 smog waiver fee (car already had license plates) + $8.75 tire fee
Doc fee: $80 + $29 CA e-file fee
Due at signing: 1st month + fees + 10 MSD
MF: 0.00102 - brought down to .00032 (10 MSDs)
10 MSDs - $3000
Months: [24]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]
Residual 64.5%
Acquisition fee: $1095
Total drive-off: $3401.75

Monthly: $217 + tax

LH Score: 17.9

In the end, I did a single-pay of about $5600 all inclusive, including tax and fees. I did not have to pay any MSDs. And I charged the entire amount to my credit card. It was a no-brainer because at that point the LH score was well over 20.

Also, I get 25k United miles, an additional 5.5k miles from my credit card - so a free ticket to Hawaii!

Woo Hoo !

TIP: Look for a car with the maximum MSRP and negotiate the sales price. A high MSRP allows for a higher residual, which helps in lowering the payments if the sales price is the same. Let me know if I can help.

21 Likes

congrats man! how did you do it? I spent countless hours researching and communicating with dealers over email but none of them budged as much on the selling price. I would love to learn.

That United premier rebate is huge,$2500 if I recall correctly.

Absolutely the best deal so far on percentage off. Congratulations!

29% discount is arguably a record, well done. Curious how the United rebate factored into the total discount, does it stack with dealer cash vs fleet which usually gets pushback from dealers and does not?

Post up in the Trophy Garage thread

Beautiful deal man.
What did the $2400 due at signing that was not MSD consist of?

I believe it can be stacked up. Dealer loses nothing in this case. Even they push back, you can still get 25k United mileage.

I was under the impression from other threads that United Premier was just another way of getting the fleet rebate and could not be stacked with the winter event certificate.

Is that not the case?

I’m hope you gave him a gift card, or some type of thank you for the deal. That’s a great deal.

Amazing deal. Congrats on your new car.
Care to share the dealership info if it is OK?

1 Like

Fantastic deal, enjoy the new ride!

Of the $3401 at signing, $3000 was 10 MSDs, the rest was first month payment and fees. I opted for a single-pay and saved even more money.

Technically, the UA premier discount stacks another $500 on top of the “winter event”. However, spamdavy had knocked down the sale price a lot, and I did got it reduced a little more.

BTW, I was negotiating with another dealer for a similar discount. That car is less well equipped so it is actually a few hundred dollars cheaper overall. If anyone is interested, PM me and I will speak with that dealer to see if that deal still holds. Serious inquiries only please. I get nothing out of it, but just giving back to the community - essentially passing along spamdavy’s kindness, who did exactly the same for me.

3 Likes

Sent you a PM - check your mail…

Congrats, did you take any of the tire protection or maintenance package?

spamdavy is the master ! Ask him.

Nope, I did not. They had just serviced the car, so the next service is not due for another year.

Oh I missed the part where you did a single pay.
Your single pay for a full 24 month lease is what people often pay as a down payment for this C-Class

That’s an awesome deal! I am in the market for a similar car. Would you mind sharing the dealership/ salesperson with me please?