2017 Mercedes C300 Demo Lease

In NJ looking to lease a demo C300, and I’m wondering if I’m doing the math right for an offer. I got the MF and RV from Edmunds.

Mercedes C300 4Matic , Miles: 2469, P2 Package, Sport Package, Panorama Roof

MSRP: 51,630
Selling Price: 41,304 (20% off)
Residual: 30,978 (60%)
MF: .00108 (.00098 with AutoPay)
NJ Tax: 6.875%
Trade In ~~ 2,000

Not counting Acquisition fees and others, I’m getting under $300 per month.

This will be my first time leasing, so I’m not entirely sure how to add this up completely, please help if you can. Ill keep you updated, waiting for the dealer to email me a lease worksheet.

(I prefer the C300 over the Demo E300, if anyone asks)

SACRILIGE!!!

I mean its an amazing car, but too much car for me, plus insurance is slightly more.

You should apply the 2,000 from your trade as MSD and not toward cap cost reduction. Another 2,000 out of pocket toward a grand total of 4k towards MSD, it will save you 50 bucks a month.

2 Likes

I was kidding. I like the C300 a lot myself. The one downside is the backseat has very little room. I have kids so that matters to me. But if nobody will ever be back there, C300 is a great choice.

Woah… Where did you get a spreadsheet like that???:crazy_face:

Woah… where did you get a spreadsheet like that!!! :crazy_face:

I have one like it for mortgages with different scenarios on pre-paying, interest rates, years, etc. Excel can be a lot of fun for finance nerds :slight_smile:

I downloaded one off bimmerfest way back in 2008 and tweaked it multiple times. It does the same things the LH calculator does.

How did you calculate total finance charge on the output side?

Nevermind I got it! THanks!

Yeah, it’s just the monthly rent/finance charge * the number of months. https://leasehackr.com/blog/2016/4/17/how-to-calculate-lease-payments-by-hand

TBH it’s a nothing number that I only included because it happens to be on some dealers’ sheets and to help with the symmetry lol

Wouldn’t the monthly be cheaper if I put that 4K towards a down payment? I know your not usually supposed to do that.

Monthly might be cheaper, but overall total costs will not be.

It’s a false sense of a lower payment. One involves putting your money into something similar to a CD, the other is throwing it away. Which would you rather do?

1 Like

Rather pay little monthly :rofl: But thank you guys for the help I’ll try to counter this guy

@max_g you can’t help those that do not understand the difference between spending money and saving money.

1 Like

I’m guna try @max_g s approach tomorrow but with 3k toward MSD, since I still want to pay off insurance in full to save money on that.

Money you save from MSD will def be worth it, take it from everyone here who has done that.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

Here is the best deal I was offered in Denver so far on a 2017 C300 Demo:

MSRP: $48,775
Selling Price: $37,478.72 (after acquisition fees and fleet incentive)
Residual: 29,752 (61%)
Original MF: .00138
Final MF after MSDs: .00058
CO Tax: 7.65%
MSD: 10 ($4000)

base monthly payment: $253.60 before tax

Please let me know what you think! I think its got about 4K on it.