2018 C Class Lease Deal- Yay or nay?

You could drive out there (once you get the price), get them to transport the car to you (Sometimes they’ll do it for free but highly unlikely), or fly out there and pick up the car. Probably around 1k to transport the car.

I don’t have the time to drive out of state or fly. It seems like a lot of hoops to jump through, esp because it’s not easy to drive out of Texas. How much of a savings would I be looking at if I could somehow manage that?

I could try other cities that weren’t affected by Harvey in TX. Do you think that would help?

The question is whether he forfeits the tax credit savings if he buys from an out of state dealer.

Sorry, corrected. Thanks.

I don’t think he does because the car would still be registered in TX – Not 100% sure though.

@DaniO Anywhere from 2-4k depending on how many delaers you shop and where.
If you go to the dealers not impacted by Harvey, they’d probably be worse since they have the advantage of not being impacted and people buying cars without batting an eye.

Take a look at this thread for an example - 2017 Mercedes C300 Demo Lease

I have only reached out to ones in the Houston area. Most don’t have the features I want/ the models with the features I want are still coming in. This car is being traded from Austin, TX…if I go with it.

I saw that but that was one a 2017. Has anyone gotten close to that on a 2018?

If you already know it’s coming from Austin, TX, then why not reach out to that dealer? This dealer is probably charging you a bit more since they have to trade the car.

I just wanted to show you that thread since someone mentioned a loaner 2017 above. What feature do you want that the 2017 doesn’t have?

Will that mess up anything at this point? They checked availability already so I don’t want to throw a wrench in anything. I bought a house with less hassle and yet car shopping never fails in being the biggest pain in the @$$!

You don’t have a agreement saying you can only buy from X dealer. If he told you he is getting the car from Y dealer, that’s his fault. I would reach out to the Y dealer and ask them their price and what they can do.

It’s really not a lot of hoops.
Time wise, it’s a math problem. How much per hour are you willing to pay yourself to drive/fly?

Yes he probably does. Can’t imagine out of state dealers having any TX tax credits.

Yes, broadening your search almost always helps.

If 8% is the best discount you can get you may want to consider flying to SoCal and buying one at ~17-18 off and driving it back… 10% is a pretty sizeable difference in price.

Thats not a good deal.

UPDATE- the salesman and his manager said they thought I was local so they are passing on this deal, after I told him I am in TX and need it shipped. I asked why- he said it’s -3500 deals for an out of state deal .(??) I will try the dealer that has the car next.

I have been reading about out of state leases and shipping in other posts. Any major heads up to watch out for? Will they not make as many concessions in price and MF bc its out of state?

I have one I am working on now in SoCal. It has everything I want and then some, and we are at (first pass)

MSRP $49,050.
$43,125 sales price
36 months
12k miles- $560 or 10k miles- $546
Residual Value $29670
Waiting on MF from salesman

This one is a trade so I could also work directly with the dealer if that helps save me money. Said 15% off is -4,500 below invoice. Won’t pay partial shipping or tint for me because there is no “profit” in the deal (his words).

I heard other ppl get 15%-18% off 2018s in SoCal. I need a great deal to help offset shipping IMO. Thoughts or recommendations on next steps? Not hurting for a car, thankfully. I have extended my lease for a month post- Harvey.

UPDATE- the salesman and his manager said they thought I was local so they are passing on this deal, after I told him I am in TX and need it shipped. I asked why- he said it’s -3500 deals for an out of state deal .(??) I will try the dealer that has the car next.

I have been reading about out of state leases and shipping in other posts. Any major heads up to watch out for? Will they not make as many concessions in price and MF bc its out of state?

I have one I am working on now in SoCal. It has everything I want and then some, and we are at (first pass)

MSRP $49,050.
$43,125 sales price
36 months
12k miles- $560 or 10k miles- $546
Residual Value $29670
Waiting on MF from salesman

This one is a trade so I could also work directly with the dealer if that helps save me money. Said 15% off is -4,500 below invoice. Won’t pay partial shipping or tint for me because there is no “profit” in the deal (his words).

I heard other ppl get 15%-18% off 2018s in SoCal. I need a great deal to help offset shipping IMO. Thoughts or recommendations on next steps? Not hurting for a car, thankfully. I have extended my lease for a month post- Harvey.

Where are you?
Can’t you go pick it up?

I am in Houston and it is in SoCal. I have never purchased or leased a car out of state so trying to learn how to do that if that’s my best option. Or the dealer with the car that is 2 hours away drops their price/ gives me a better deal at month (and quarter) end. Crosses fingers.

I told the dealers up front (after confirming the car and availability) that I was in TX. Do you recommend I make sure they are willing to ship the vehicle to TX first?