2017 Lexus RX 350 Deal or No Deal?

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Well… while not really for myself, GX isn’t a car being considered. terrible mpg/truck platform/bad design aren’t the qualities my friend is looking for.

F-Sport being around $50 more… while nice, $50 more is still $50 more. But it’s a good point. Perhaps I will have to negotiate a bit more - bring down $10-20 more.

I don’t think the F-Sport would be $50 more a month. The F-Sport payment would be just shy of $500/month. If you apply MSDs to your current off, say it’s $470/month, that’s only a difference of $30/month.

1 Like

@Aaron, there’s also $500 lease cash available. Just an FYI.

1 Like

@Carpent acquisition fee is rolled in. $700 I believe?

@mlov1022 Thx. Not sure if $500 lease cash was quoted in - but knowing how dealers are, it’s probably quoted in meaning I guess I can try to get that $500 more which comes to roughly $14/month

@jon seems the deal you got for F-Sport back in december was really good! - lots of incentives including the autoshow bonus of $1000. it seems incentives right now are not as strong as the end of the year promotion.:expressionless:

Another user on here posted a pretty good deal himself last month. Not sure if he even went through with the lease though.

Given the time of year, that is a good lease for that car. Strong discount and meets the 1% rule without MSDs.

It is easy to say look at another car it is cheaper but that is not what the OP wants. He wants an RX and this is a good deal on that car.

Thanks all for the providing great feedback and information!

So at the end, here is the deal my friend signed as i haggled away on her behalf and my friend doing the final part. =)

2017 Lexus RX 350
MSRP $53,433
Negotiated final price approx. $44650 with all available incentive ($500 lease cash)
3 year 12k/year
MF 0.0011
RV 62%
$0 DOWN
$508 Due at signing (first month payment)
$508 monthly for remaining 35 month.

My friend didn’t opt for MSD which is unfortunate. (Maximum MSD would have lowered her payment by around $60, making the monthly around $448/month)

She is happy with the deal and I hope she will enjoy the car! Thanks all for your help once again. Such a great community with wealth of information, knowledge, and help!

I had no problem getting 10% off a GX without any haggling. Residual is 65% on those too. I’m just on hold bought my lease out until I decide.

Nice deal on an RX

The normal (maybe not so normal) advice on this forum is that if you can’t afford the MSDs, you should hold off leasing the car. Very financially responsible people on this forum :slight_smile: Your friend might as well set $2,160 in cash on fire.

unless she takes it and invests it in the market and gets a higher return rate than the money she’d be saving.

Except that this is 2160 the friend doesn’t have lying around so you can’t set fire to something you don’t have or doesn’t exist.

1 Like

The math has been worked (somewhere on this forum) that there is no other “guaranteed” investment out there that can match the “guaranteed” return of MSDs

… I thought you were the model of financial responsibility - lol. Save the $2,160 and then lease the car. To each his own …

Completely agree on missing out MSD. It’s surely one of the easiest way to get a great return on investment and I’m truly bummed out she didn’t do it. One should certainly take advantage of MSD if you have the funds available - but I suppose to some people, the idea of parking your 5 grand may be a hard pill to swallow, even if it’s essentially giving you back $60/month!

Do you think there is a market for paying MSD’s for people and saving them $60 a month on the car and they pay you $30 or something so they net save $30.

It’s probably not worth the risk of somebody not paying you the $30 every month. You really have no recourse as far as I can think of …

You may be better off doing some small loans off something like http://prosper.com or http://lendingclub.com (this one has had its share of irregularities) as they vet the borrower (you are the lender)

I wish I could park $1m in MSD savings :slight_smile: … then I wouldn’t have to work

1 Like

@aaron That’s a good deal! I plugged the numbers into the lease calculator assuming 9% tax, $700 acquisition fee rolled into monthly payments, no msds, and a taxed $500 incentive and I get $464 per month. Can you tell me what I’m missing? I’m considering an RX too.
Thanks

Thanks!

I’m getting the same numbers as you. His drive-off is lower with it being just 1st month’s payment ($508), but that $488 difference doesn’t account for the $44 monthly difference.