2017 Lexus RX 350 Deal or No Deal?

Do you think there is a market for paying MSD’s for people and saving them $60 a month on the car and they pay you $30 or something so they net save $30.

It’s probably not worth the risk of somebody not paying you the $30 every month. You really have no recourse as far as I can think of …

You may be better off doing some small loans off something like http://prosper.com or http://lendingclub.com (this one has had its share of irregularities) as they vet the borrower (you are the lender)

I wish I could park $1m in MSD savings :slight_smile: … then I wouldn’t have to work

1 Like

@aaron That’s a good deal! I plugged the numbers into the lease calculator assuming 9% tax, $700 acquisition fee rolled into monthly payments, no msds, and a taxed $500 incentive and I get $464 per month. Can you tell me what I’m missing? I’m considering an RX too.
Thanks

Thanks!

I’m getting the same numbers as you. His drive-off is lower with it being just 1st month’s payment ($508), but that $488 difference doesn’t account for the $44 monthly difference.

My bad, the negotiated final price is $45,150 including $500 lease cash

With interest rate now in the bank, I’ll pick MSD anyday if you have the cash flow. If you don’t have it, don’t force it. Keep it in your bank account in case of rainy days. Just my 2 cents.

May I ask what dealership in SoCal quoted you. I’m also in the market for an RX. Thanks.

You mentioned "all available incentives " do you mean just the lease cash?

What dealer did you get this deal at? A few weeks ago I tried and they wouldn’t go as low. Maybe towards the end of the month they are getting more aggressive?

@aaron, I still can’t get the numbers to add up using the corrected negotiated rate and accounting for only paying the first monthly payment upfront. Maybe my taxes are off? I used 9%. Is that what your state tax is?

For that price you can get into a loaded overland GC.

@Benedetto Yea! I can also have a few Chevys for that price as well.:joy:

@socal59

Yes, $500 lease cash.

@aaron Thanks for that! I was using a residual of 62% instead of 60%. The Edmunds forum had said 60% was for 15k miles and 62% was for 12k. I guess they were wrong. Good to know!

The residual for an RX350 is 60% @15k miles for base and 61% @15k miles for F-SPORT. The residual is the same for AWD and FWD.

All models of RX450h are 61% @15k.

RX350 there is $500 lease cash and $500 loyalty.
RX450h is just the $500 lease cash.

anyone able to get the F sport for 500 after tax with 15k ?

@mogul - What about for 12k miles for the RX350?

+2% for 12k
+3% for 10k

You mean +3% for 10k