2017 Jaguar FTYPE Base

Sorry guys, I am getting info very slowly, my brother asked me to post this …

When you tell people, Abraham is my salsa guy he works with Todd, let Abraham know that Dex go referred him, Todd is the sales manager, he doesn’t get any commission but Abraham took care of us, he’s the Internet sales guy, also 36 months is my deal, so I don’t have to pay registration if I kept if for 3 more months

You need to get the BMWs from @loberant

I have the same problem but just haven’t gotten around to it. Assume any dealer can take care of it?

Yes, 36/10k miles. It also saves another “year” of registration fees vs the 39 months

36 vs 39 was an interesting thing for my deal. The 36 ended up being more even after I factored in the extra registration. It was only slightly more per month but I figure why not keep it three months longer for a lower price? :slight_smile:

It was a bit complicated but not important or relevant. I’m glad you’re all getting great deals!!! :sunglasses:

Any dealer can take care of the “blown tweeter” sound issue.

Here’s a link to the TSB: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwj3tsz7uc3RAhVBrFQKHX4TCToQFggaMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jaguarforums.com%2Fforum%2Fattachments%2Ff-type-x152-72%2F140389d1482178945-wow-jaguar-stereo-all-fixed-finally-x152-aam-update.pdf&usg=AFQjCNESIFo20dBEiJfQ7jCBLK1map7NHw&sig2=46VPvRbPiUf6go8n8LOkOQ&bvm=bv.144224172,d.cGw&cad=rja

If that doesn’t come up properly, try googling: JTB00537NAS1

Cite that when calling your local dealer (SF? Walnut Creek? Marin?)

I think the pricing might be a factor of the timing for us three with you in November, me in December, and Chris in Jan.

In the interests of keeping things accurate, I will defer target numbers to Chris as his information might be most relevant for the current period.

(Sorry Chris)

Interesting deal. I wonder if it can be negotiated down another $50-60/month… essentially $2k less from msrp

Yes, definitely interesting deal. It would be a no-brainer at ~$445-450 w/CA tax included. (if able to get a bit more shaved off from msrp as you stated)

I don’t think you will be able to get anything more off of it right now. Possibly when the refreshed 2018’s start moving out but as of now the deal posted above seems to be the bottom line.

Are you suggesting better deals may be ahead if ones not in a rush? The comments on the thread make it seem the #'s on the OP don’t come around often for Jaguar. Is this similar to the Ghibli offer in October (Anaheim/Jstar) to jump on with no questions? Thoughts?

Typically better deals will arrive as the new model year comes in (especially a refresh version). Jaguar always seems to have a lot of great rebates and offers going around constantly too so I wouldn’t be too concerned. If you can hold off for a few months I would say ~$50 less per month is a pretty realistic goal.

1 Like

If you are not in a hurry, then you just wait and “jump” on a deal. Be ready with your Tier 1 credit & MSDs. That is how I got into the Maserati deal – I was just waiting (I didn’t even know about this forum then). Like I said in my previous posts, through some crazy sequence of events, I ended up driving my dad’s old 2008 Camry for 9 months (previous 20 years my daily driver are Porsches) so “not in a hurry” means different things to different people.

However, everything is negotiable and if you are not in a hurry, good things happen.

There is another thread on this forum where somebody @mplin got a pretty good deal on a Maserati with some negotiation (Anaheim Hills). It wasn’t the same as the $488/mo but he got ALL the options he wanted and dollar-for-dollar, it was close enough to still be a good deal. The $ off MSRP is really what makes most deals work.

With the F-Type, nobody wanted to do the @atomhawk deal. Anaheim Hills Jag was saying maybe $1-2k off if we come in but not $9,000 so we just waited since we were not really in a hurry (our motto is “the cars will always be there”) Todd @ Rusnak was on vacation (I think) so he just saw our request in Jan and he said he could do it. My brother ended up getting it the next day. I don’t really know much about the Jags, specifically the F-Type so we don’t know if there will be rebates or deals or anything. All we knew is that if we could get $9k or $10 off MSRP, we can get the payment to around $439.73 + tax

2 Likes

Thanks, makes perfect sense! On a side note, do you recall if Jag accepts MSD’s?

No MSDs on Jaguar…

1 Like

OP,
What was the total drive off cost? You only mentioned the cap reduction

Edit- nevermind. You mentioned few posts later that it was $3000 drive off $481.50/m (CA tax incl).

That is essentially ~ $550/m tax incl. with $0 drive off. If this could be had for $480-500/m with $0 drive off, i would say its an excellent deal.

How do you get a $0 drive-off? Are those the VW sign-and-drive? Do you roll all the fees (destination, doc, acquisition, first month payment) into the monthly?

$0 drive off seems different than $0 down.

$0 down is possible (the deals here are around $1,800 down) but I doubt that $0 drive-off is possible as there will be some money “due at lease signing” – at the minimum first month and tax

You can capitalize anything including taxes and first month payment. It just doesn’t make a ton of sense to pay tax on nontaxable items such as first month payment, registration, etc. I ordinarily only roll in the acquisition fee since it is taxable anyhow.

Also wanted to point out that this is a US Bank deal.

No swapping of leases (to others) and obviously no MSDs.

Lastly, on waiting for the “right time”- residuals move around a bit. I see the 69% residual as more of an anomaly more than a regularity. If a deal hits your price range, just pull the trigger. The '17 base coupes come in finite qty - you may just want to grab one before they are all gone.

1 Like

$0 down means no cap reduction
$0 drive off means no down/cap reduction, no 1st payment, no taxes, etc. sign paperwork and drive home