2017 Jaguar FTYPE Base

I lease traded the i3 and have the S60 as daily driver and big horn as weekend warrior truck. I am eyeing a good deal on the F Type :slight_smile:

I second that. This board is both useful (for personally getting any car lease and learning enough to not be intimidated by car dealer bs) and fun (to learn about the deals of others).

What’s defined as a good deal? :slight_smile:

Can you drop a couple of names from Hornburg / Rusnak so that I have a starting point? Much appreciated!

My brother has been trying to get a hold of somebody at Hornburg/Rusnak but they seem to not be returning calls …

Todd Kazariane
Sales Manager
Rusnak | Pasadena Jaguar
Office: (626) 229-2823
Main: (626) 229-2424
337 West Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91105

Thanks to @atomhawk, we got a deal done with Todd @ Rusnak for a 2017 White Base Coupe a couple of days ago (Tuesday 1/10) so this is happening. A LOT of other dealers didn’t even want to “deal” with us but Todd was great. The current MF (went up) and residuals (went up) have flipped but the monthly is ~$7 off from OP

@turbox3 did you get this going?

What is strange with the F-Type is that some “2018 refresh” is coming in Q1 2017 – seems kind of early …

1 Like

Congrats! Unofficial forum rule is to post a photo of the new car :+1:

Hi @max_g! I was not there but this is what my brother send me. Did you change your forum icon?

Yup changed my icon/avatar recently…Congrats to your brother on the new car and to you on a sweet deal :thumbsup:

what is the residual on 2016’s?

is it still high 60s?

how should this car lease
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/644459463/overview/

@chrisgo YES!

Another friend of mine did a deal previously at Hornburg that was so I was already able to confirm a similar deal to @atomhawk 's.

Rusnak had a significantly more of these '17 cars and got me the verbal portion of negotiations done in just a few minutes. Picked it late December. It really couldn’t have been any easier. AFAIK, there were no '16 model cars present.

Residual was 69% at 36 months in December. If you’re going to call in to Todd, just go ahead and tell him the $3k D/O and 36months with 10k. He should be able to work the numbers to around to Chris’ numbers.

My monthly (excluding tax) is ever so slightly lower than Chris’ (negligible) but that’s from December.

Thanks again @atomhawk

1 Like

Pictures? That white one looked really nice :slight_smile:

Would you kindly share the numbers :slight_smile: ?

Hi @Alex, Todd @ Rusnak asked us to just tell people to call him and not post the exact deal he gave us so respecting that. It is 99% the same as the OP but monthly is ~$5 more

Everybody in SoCal that want to get an F-type should just go to Todd. We drove from Orange to Pasadena (the other local dealers won’t do anything).

@atomhawk did all the work on this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ummm don’t post it but at least PM the deal for those that want it. Send me a PM as I have desired this car since I first saw it.

It’ll be an interesting garage for me if I nab this one.

Again, happy to get some more details to you guys, but I would use Atomhawk’s numbers as a starting point.

Know that MF and residuals may have changed, as Chris has indicated, but I don’t really think that matters as it’s really the selling price that’s making the deal happen at this point.

@chrisgo - I’m not sure if your brother took 36 or 39 months, but from what I have gathered, I think the 36 month deal works out better (take heed, those of you looking for a deal on this). I did not specifically ask on residuals for the 39 month…but it would seem that extending this lease for 3 months and reducing the residuals by 2% (from what atomhawk said) on a $638xx car makes it a worse deal (as you’re amortizing $1277 over 39 months, which increases your cost by $32 per month over the life of the lease to keep the car 3 more months).

With that said, Atomhawk got a better deal on the selling price than me, but it’s fairly insignificant. Regardless, I think at these prices, just go get one - it’s almost disposable at this point. Call Todd. Get it done. Like I said, it took me 30 minutes tops to get the deal done. FWIW - I could not find Todd at first so I talked to Khris Garwick. He too can help you. I spoke to Todd a few times after but it seems that he’s orchestrating the deals.

Shit, I flew in from SF and they picked me up from the airport!

For what I used to pay on my one X5 (granted with a tons of options), I can have THREE of these F-types.

1 Like

I got a white one - exactly as pictured by Chris!

Now I’ve got to go into San Rafael to get that TSB on the sound system as the tweeters sound like they’re blown or something. Read that it’s a common problem with the system (not being blown, but some settings). @Chrisgo and @Atomhawk I would recommend getting this TSB done as my speakers sound like they came out of a Ford Fiesta more like a Jag at the moment.

Ok, my fellow maserati leasehacker, I will PM you :slight_smile: