2017 Infiniti Q50 AWD 3.0T - MSRP 46,100 - 308.58 /mth without tax - Zero Down

Haha! I know, right?!

I’m SO bummed. I really wanted to make it to the Meetup but I’m going to a retreat with my church group that weekend. If there are any interested members, I’m totally down to (attempt) to host a meetup here in LA.

I know a great Korean BBQ spot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Off topic on a different car (Pathfinder) i sent the dealer my lease spreadsheet (which is 100% accurate) which showed that we were off approximately $100/month and this was the response i got:

I can appreciate you trying to figure out leasing through a spreadsheet. But there are a lot more variables when it comes to leasing. The selling price i was giving you included our discount of $1000 off our cost and
rebates. I’m giving you everything I have as far as incentives go. You are
paying $399 on a SV Pathfinder now, which is a $35k vehicle. I guess I dont
understand how you figure $50 lower payment on a vehicle that is more
expensive. I might be able to help a few dollars, but I dont have $1500 to work with. We dont price out our vehicles with that kind of room to move. I will be more than happy to go over all our numbers in person with you though.

If they can go over with you in person, they can send you the deal sheet with ALL the numbers on them. I hate it when dealers pretend like it’s some kind of alchemy when you lease versus buying.

@SoloPierre @HN308 spoke to another dealership, said 3.0 premium has lease cash of 3,450. So that is good info to have!

Local dealer just came back to me with the correct incentives. Over $9k off for the Q50. Took a full day of him saying “where did you hear about these extra incentives. this is all i can do.”

@max_g Dealer #2 came back and asked me to forward Dealer #1’s e-mail to him so they could see evidence of the deal they’re offering me. I did but now I"m not sure I did the right thing. Is this normal/okay in dealing with multiple dealers?

If you ask 3 people you’ll get 3 answers. Personally I wouldn’t. I got what I asked for, right?

I live on the east coast so I’ll probably miss the second one but you should totally host it.

Please PM the Korean BBQ spot - I’m always looking for good Korean food.

@MrsMo

As you can see multiple people have got more than 10K in discount so you need to keep sending emails till one of them agrees to it.

When you send your emails clearly mention that you are aware of all the Factory Lease Cash available for Q50 Premium 3.0T and will only work with the dealer willing to pass all of it.

Check with @clee920 who the dealer is which got her the quotes with discount. She is in Southern CA and if you are not local you can still take the quote from that dealer and tell your local dealer to match it.

I don’t want to be biased against your gender but I know it does hurt being a woman and negotiating a car deal. I had a colleague who was single and she couldn’t get any dealer in NJ to sell her an Accord for more than $500 below MSRP. Most dealers would say you pay what is on the sticker and that is it. She was even treated the same way by female car sales person. Her existing car was 15 year old corolla with a shot transmission so she had no car to drive around and was almost ready to buy the Accord at $500 below MSRP. I than stepped in and got her the same car around $1000 below invoice. That was on a 21.5K MSRP and was a cash purchase transaction. She couldn’t believe it when I said you don’t need to go to dealer to negotiate or even pick up the car and that they will come to pick you up when its time to take the delivery of the car after you have done all the negotiation. That is exactly what happened, they picked her up and she cut the check and out of there in 30 mins.

Trust me you will get the discount. Just be assertive and tell the dealers that you will only agree to a deal with 10K odd discount based on the fact that there is 9K odd lease support.

HN

@ppierce

That is the oldest trick in the book he is employing here. He is suggesting there is no more money to play with and suggesting that you come in person to negotiate that last 10-15 bucks where they will use all the tricks in the book of car salesmanship to wear you out and agree to their numbers.

Let him know clearly that you will never step into any dealership until its time to pickup the car and all the negotiation will happen over phone or email or he looses the sale to the next dealer who negotiates that way.

I don’t know about incentives on pathfinder but once you know that give that number out in the email you send. Also let him know that if he continues to play the usual games you will move on to the next dealer.

HN.

1 Like

Does anyone if these specials are available in MD/VA? Not having much luck on these and running out of steam after striking out of the Charger leases.

Is the incentives available for Red Sport or only the Premium?

@cchrisv Sheehy Infiniti in Annapolis has some good deals to start working with. they are running a special for a similar car as discussed in this thread for 350 a month.

Call the sales guy there and start working your way down to 300/mth with nothing down.

Whoops let me clarify, $3450 in lease cash alone. Yeah it’s a good thing my car runs fine so I can shop with a level head since I don’t feel rushed. Will continue to be assertive and use the info to get the deal I want. I know I’ll get what I want, maybe better.

One huge problem is that I want such a specific car! Only 2 dealers in the West coast have it, I’m not letting then know that though :frowning: if I wanted a normal color I feel I’d be way farther in negotiations. But I WILL start contacting dealerships that don’t have the car anyway to get a broader variety of offers. First week offer was 39,500. Second 38,000 so staying positive.

Just search dealers around your zip code to see what they offer in their “specials” as a starting point:
http://www.sheehyinfinitichantilly.com/new-car-specials.htm
http://www.jimcolemaninfiniti.com/internet-specials.html

etc.

Do you have contact information for someone you worked with?

I called them once but don’t remember who I spoke with. I keep getting their specials email so I referred them as you are in their area.

Look at their specials and read the fine print. They have some stupid things like charging for destination in addition even though its part of MSRP.

Remember everything is negotiable, you just have to work your way around it.

Destination charge is part of MSRP, but your dealer’s advertised selling price does not include destination. So it’s not like they are doing something “stupid” - just a trick to advertise at a lower price. Almost everybody does it.

Here is my offer sheet from Infiniti. I’m getting $338.89 with rolling in taxes and the Doc, Shipping and Non Tax Fees. Their price is $369. What am i missing?

Ask them for the adjusted cap cost and a breakdown of how they get to that amount.

They calculated the lease based on a 36 month lease. however this is a 39 month lease and when i run those numbers i get $339.