2017 Infiniti Q50 AWD 3.0T - MSRP 46,100 - 308.58 /mth without tax - Zero Down

Your numbers look decent. It isn’t as low as @clee920 because your discount isn’t as much, you have an additional shipping fee and you get getting 12k/year.

Would changing the term from 36 Months to 39 Months reduce the monthly payments given everything else stays the same?

Yes, it would make it about $340 a month, like you calculated.

I cant stand when dealers try to insult your intelligence and make you start second guessing common math.

@ppierce

I think you have a good starting point with the discount but its not that good. If factory is pushing 9K in incentives your selling price should at least be 9K below Invoice and this is only $9685 below MSRP. I am not sure what the shipping is about and my views of doc fees have been made pretty clear in this thread above.

Use this worksheet and make it your base for shopping around. Share it freely with all dealers you request a quote from and ask for 9K discount below invoice. At least you don’t have to waste your time with dumb playing sales guys asking where did you get the discount amounts from.

I would not waste time with this dealer. Just get quotes from others and if you are in a smaller town with less competition do get the quotes from the nearest metro area which is within driving distance. Below is the monthly payment based on your numbers and they seem high to me without the premium plus package based on your MSRP.

It should be illegal to advertise the online price without destination included. I don’t know of any possible way to buy the vehicle without it included as part of the MSRP, so how can they get away with it?

It’s misleading - yes, but it’s not illegal. They can advertise their sale price any way they want, unless it’s specifically spelled out that they must include destination charge. Sale price has nothing to do with destination being included in MSRP - it is included in MSRP. Volvo includes destination in their sales price, VW - does not. At least where I shop. So I guess it may depend on manufacturer - some allow that, some don’t.

What I hate is they show the MSRP of $30,000, which includes destination, then show a $5,000 discount and sale price of $25,000, but the fine print says “destination of $1,000 not included”. So the sale price should be $26,000, since there is no way to get to the actual sale price they have advertised, unless you haggle more, of course!

Agree, it’s a little dirty trick to bring you in.

The manufacturers are allowed to advertise prices without, or “before” in their parlance, Destination so I don’t see it going away any time soon.

@HN308 @Jon I did it! (Well almost)

I’ve only been calling/emailing for 2 days and got to the 34,500. Here’s the breakdown:

2/8
Dealer 1offer 1: $39,970. Got screenshot of their $2600 in dealer cash and the invoice

Dealer 2 offer 1: $38,270. Gave screenshot with $3,200 dealer cash AND told about 1k coupon.

Dealer 3 offer(5hrs away) 1: 37,000 flat. Told me they’d match any other offers

At this point I contacted dealer 1 again, such a RUDE manager! Dealer 1 bows out.

Dealer 2 counters dealer 3 with: $36,300

Dealer 4 comes out of nowhere and offers the $34,500!

(Contacted about 5 other dealers some are still responding).

I truly feel dealer #3 would go lower but I am NOT driving that far. Will still tell #4 to include oil changes and

Really nice work :slight_smile: Looks like you worked that deal pretty hard.

I got a vey raw deal in NJ gave me a deal and says no factory incentives this month
MSRP 45495
selling Price 44127
Residual 60
MF .00039
Doc fee 499
Acq fee 700
Cap fee 350
Lease of 535 monthly 0 down

A raw deal I guess

Is that an offer or did you sign? Looks terrible. Nearly no discount off MSRP and marked up MF.

It was an offer. I am asked him for better deal will wait for his response tomorrow

@MrsMo

Great job pitching the dealers against each other. Your self confidence will increase the more you get them closer to your asking price. Around 2 days back you didn’t sound too confident of pulling this deal through but now I am sure you will.

However selling price is just 1 piece of the puzzle. The dealer still has many other games to play and trust me they will keep on playing them till you drive out of the dealership with the new car and sometimes even after that.

When you post the prices here you want to post the MSRP of the car so we can suggest how the numbers look like.

HN.

1 Like

Just asking for a better offer willl probably not work or will take them forever to finally reach a real good offer. Dealers will not just offer $9-10k off MSRP. As @HN308 has stated, you should make them an offer with what you are looking for and let them know you know about all the incentives and why your offer is not just some made up number.

I ask d for incentives rather than mentioning the incentives i have reading on the forum. I will try with another dealer

@HN308 @Jon rough news, they backed out… something about using most of their coupons for that car already blah blah so I’m not sure where to go from here. I’m pretty irritated. All of the other dealers backed down immediately once I said a dealership matched my offer. And since it was a GM that was saying they’d match it I was dumb enough to believe it. Just bummed I got my hopes up too soon. One big thing is that dealerships in Southern California DO get better incentives, I just don’t feel like traveling 5+ hours. NorCal’s dealers are irritating.

MSRP:45,770
Invoice: 42,909

@MrsMo

Dealers backing out after giving offers is pretty common. They still have enough time in the month to give you good deals.

Don’t worry and keep firing those emails. More than 50% of dealers you send an email or call now will get back to you after 22nd of this month.

Also you don’t have to drive to southern CA to pick up the car. Just get quotes from there and tell the local dealers that you are ready to drive to LA metro area in a one way car rental and bring back your new ride. (Remember just showing them you are ready to drive far to pick up will be enough for them to match the quote).

HN