2017 Infiniti Q50 AWD 3.0T - MSRP 46,100 - 308.58 /mth without tax - Zero Down

How confident are you guys that the TrueCar guarantee savings is in line with the incentives that are available in that market?

Also, is there any site that allows me to search this across many regions to find the highest savings within X miles of me? I know I can do that through Edmunds, but I’ve seen some disconnect between them and TrueCar occasionally. With TrueCar though, it’s a bit tedious typing in the zip code for the 100+ infiniti dealerships within 500 miles.

Sort by lowest price on cars dot com after filtering for the trim you want.

Or sort by “date listed - newest” and start at the bottom, assuming they will be the most negotiable.

cars.com …[20 chars]

@max_g @Ursus
It appears that the price listed on cars.com is simply MSRP, not a discounted price. Am I missing something here? I’m not trying to find a Red Sport with no options, rather which regions are offering the biggest discounts.

Some prices are listed with discounts. You can still research further by going directly to the dealers website when you see a car that you like.

I just came back to edit my post as I found one that was discounted. Needle in a haystack sometimes…

Do you think a discount listed would be available on any vehicle of the same trim at that dealership? I would think so. What about at another in the same market region or metro area?

Hypothetically, if they’re showing 5k off MSRP, would that imply 5k off invoice is not unreasonable?

Not necessarily, but possibly.

It just gives you an idea about available discounts, nothing more.

It does not imply anything, just gives you idea. You need to do your homework to see what’s available on that particular vehicle in your region.

@HN308 @max_g

What are your opinions of this deal?

This is a draft of the e-mail I intend to send once I get @HN308’s blessing (haha):

Great, I would like to come in this weekend, preferably Saturday afternoon.These are my calculations based on the information you provided me:

Monthly payment (before tax): $289
Monthly payment (including tax): $315
Drive off: $
First month’s payment including tax: $315
Down payment: $0
Registration and document fee: $451.75
Tax on cap cost reduction and fees: $0
Acquisition fee: $700

I also want to mention up front that I will not be paying for document fees, a down payment or any other fees so if I must pay these, I am willing to walk away from the sale than to pay for any of these fees.

I just want this process to be as transparent and easy as possible and therefore am laying out all my cards on the table.

Let me know if this works for you and if Saturday around 3PM works for me to come in and sign.

Thank you.

Cross that out :slight_smile: You don’t want to walk away from a good deal for $80 dealer fees, do you? You also stated before “Down payment: $0”, so there is no need to repeat. Just ask to confirm drive off costs with break down.

Yeah, there is no way I’d walk away from a deal like that over 80 dollars.

I was folowing @HN308’s earlier post where he mentions that this piece of information should be mentioned ahead of time to give the dealer a head’s up. ???

@Ursus - is your opinion that this is a good deal? :slight_smile:

@clee920

Sorry for the delay in responding.

You have it all squared up but I would add one thing that if they agree on these terms than have them send the initial paperwork with all numbers clearly mentioned which you can sign and give a deposit over a credit card. This way they don’t get to have you in the dealership and play games when you are ready to pick up.

Also if doc fees are capped in your state to $80 bucks you don’t need to stress over it but ask for it to be waived for sure. Just don’t say you will walk away in this email.

HN

I think it is a good deal. 5+ years ago one could only dream about $315/mo for a luxury car with $46K sticker. But there are folks here who know much more about current deals on Infinity.

p.s. To clarify: I meant to only get rid of that particular text:

I also want to mention up front that I will not be paying for document fees, a down payment or any other fees so if I must pay these, I am willing to walk away from the sale than to pay for any of these fees.

With those numbers, if you did first month and registration at signing, I get a pre-tax payment of $308.
Term 39
Mileage 10k
RV Percent 51%
Base MF 0.00006

MSRP $46,235.00
Invoice $43,464.00
VPP Plan A Price $42,214.00
Lease Cash ?
Certificates ?
Additional Write Down $7,514.00
Savings $11,535.00
Selling Price $34,700.00
Discount 25%

Acquisition $700.00
Dealer Fee $80.00
Registration (Estimate) $451.75
Tax $6.10 ?
Other State Fees
Gross Cap Cost $35,937.85
Upfront Cash $451.75
Adj. Cap Cost $35,486.10
Residual Value $23,579.85
Depreciation $11,906.25
Base Rent Charge $110.90
Base Payment $308.13

Hopefully I built that correctly…

In the deal farther above, it looks like they counted the first month payment as a cap cost reduction, effectively double charging you the first month payment, a common trick. Watch out for that in the lease contract at signing.

Really? For $2/mo? :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for this breakdown!

The only discrepancy (at least that I can see) is that the dealer said he could do:

Cap Cost - $34,700

Adjusted Cap Cost - $36,127.78

??

Very true. The last time I leased a luxury car (a MB 250 back in 2013), I paid close to $400 a month and put $2000 down (oh, dear - this was before I stumbled upon this site).

I removed the language. :slight_smile: Thank you!

I’m guessing tax on incentives used as cap cost reduction. With the higher Adj. Cap Cost, higher base monthly payment…

Adj. Cap Cost $36,127.78
Residual Value $23,579.85
Depreciation $12,547.93
Base Rent Charge $113.90
Base Payment $324.66

@Ursus

It’s not about money in literal terms. Its about principal. I would gladly pay that if he would increase the sales price by 80 bucks but won’t as doc fee.

Like I mentioned its a self imposed rule and I am not expecting others to follow it. BTW its not capped at 80 dollars in every state so I make a point of not paying it regardless of the dollar amount.